WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The In-Service Inspector – Electrical and Instrumentation will ensure that engineering, procurement and construction, operations and maintenance meet all the required provincial regulations, applicable engineering codes and Horizon engineering standards and specifications.
The Inspector will lead on the Electrical QMP (Quality Monitoring Project) maintaining the quality, integrity and safety in the construction, operation and maintenance of the facilities through the application of design development and use of stamped engineering drawings.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Work closely across diverse disciplines including project managers, purchasing, engineering, operations, maintenance and contractors
• React to the daily inspection needs and provide expertise in the inspection of a wide array of equipment and installations
• Resolve daily Quality Assurance (QA) issues as they arise and report issues to Supervision / Management as required
• Advise, assist and monitor the development and execution of the contractor’s quality plan and processes to ensure compliance with applicable provincial regulations and engineering codes
• Assist with contractor field QC (Quality Control) inspection organization, to ensure construction, operation and maintenance meets or exceeds required minimum quality standards and applicable codes
• Inspect installed equipment and ensure equipment and materials are ready for construction, maintenance and operations
• Ensure proper quality documentation records are in place
• Work with Construction Supervisors, Schedulers, Planners and Project QA regarding development and implementation of QA plans for E & I
• Inspect all vendor documentation to ensure compliance with the Horizon inspection, test plan and purchase orders
• Carry out final inspections to ensure compliance with Horizon specifications
• Audit or evaluate existing/new vendor facilities
• Provide expertise in verifying through inspection, that engineering and construction deliverables meet Horizon standards
• Document issues by writing FTR’s (Field Trouble Request), CARs (Corrective Action Request), and NCRs (Non-Conformance Report)
• Promote quality awareness, continuous improvement to influence the overall success of the operation
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering Technologist Diploma
• Journeyman Electrician is required
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Supervision of contractors
o Written work related documents, including engineered drawings and bill of materials
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.