WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Our phenomenal growth has been based on the fundamental principles of effective cost control, proactive balance sheet management and a defined operating strategy. Canadian Natural maintains a large, balanced portfolio of assets with production and development of both natural gas and crude oil.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Production Engineer is responsible for the production of conventional dry gas, heavy oil under CHOPS (Cold Heavy Oil Production with Sand) production, carbonate and sandstone bearing light oil under conventional and waterflood recovery techniques, horizontal multi frac light Cardium oil and liquids rich natural gas potential in NC/NE Alberta.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Collaborate with other team members (Exploitation, Exploration, Land and Field Operations) to meet the production and financial targets in area of responsibility
• Liaise with Production Accounting, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Joint Ventures and Commercial Operations as required
• Work with team to recommend optimum depletion strategies to maximize the company’s assets
• Work closely with Field Operations to ensure that production is optimized and operating costs are within the company’s targets
• Participate in Exploration by helping to organize an effective execution plan and liaising with Surface Land and Operations to determine and design new pipelines and facilities
• Research, evaluate and recommend completion/workover candidates focusing on inactive wells to maximize the company’s oil and natural gas production
• Work with team members to generate area production and operating budgets
• Provide preliminary scoping and design for proposed facility and pipeline construction and upgrades; work with the Field Operations and Facilities teams to finalize these designs
• Provide cost estimates for and approve AFEs (Authorizations for Expenditure) and mail ballots for wells and facilities, and check and approve related invoicing
• Track team capital expenditures and compare to budget
• Typically 2+ years of related industry experience with B.Sc in Engineering
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Surface and downhole production operations (both oil and natural gas)
o Artificial lift methods, compression and processing
o Production facilities and pipelines, completions and workovers (ideally with field experience)
o Word processing, spreadsheet and common oil industry software applications
o Working with Shallow Gas is an asset
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.