Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
737275 Job Summary
Environmental Project Manager
Employer Job Id:
San Diego, CA
May 2, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 1, 2012
Environmental Project Manager
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Help save and protect the one and only Earth we have. Our Environmental Project Manager careers provide you with the opportunity to lead staff, interact with clients and regulators, perform remedial design work, and help restore environmentally impaired sites . Each day, you will support proposal efforts and provide oversight and management of multiple, complex tasks (simultaneously) while also making technical contributions to your projects. You should be a self-motivated, team-focused professional with at least 8 years of experience including direct project experience with site investigation, remediation, and/or environmental compliance; managing projects involving multiple methods of site remediation and site management/characterization, and/or environmental compliance; and conducting remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, remedial designs/actions, or site characterization following RCRA and CERCLA guidance. You should have a BS degree in engineering or geology and a professional license (PE or PG) and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project management assignment.
Our Environmental Project Managers:
- Analyze and evaluate engineering and environmental data; prepare investigation and other site characterization reports; conduct engineering feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, and cost assessments; and design and implement remediation systems and pilot studies.
- Manage remediation tasks/projects involving design, permitting, construction, and O&M of remediation systems.
- Manage environmental compliance projects with a basic understanding of major environmental laws and related regulations at the federal, state level, and local levels (e.g., CERCLA, RCRA, CAA, CWA, etc.).
- Interact with internal team members in the local office, as well as regional and firm-wide staff.
- Manage and lead small and medium-sized teams involving subcontractors.
- Plan, staff, schedule, budget, and ensure technical and document quality of work products, ensure safety of staff, and coordinate with subcontractors and internal support staff.
- Have day-to-day interaction with our clients and regulators, and present information and frequently participate at monthly meetings.
- Mentor and coach junior level staff.
- Successfully lead and participate in a team environment.
- Embrace, lead, and support health and safety planning and practices.
- Serve as a technical leader for the site remediation and revitalization and/or environmental compliance practices.
- Possess strong writing, verbal communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Treat fellow employees and others with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate strong work behaviors and work ethic.
- Adhere to operational processes and policies. Know how to recognize and manage risks to projects, company, client, and community.
- Build upon experience with project management, project schedules and financials.
- Manage projects of medium complexity within budget and on-schedule. Apply knowledge of change management.
- Utilize their business development experience interacting with clients, preparing proposals, and participating in presentations. Have experience pricing and base-lining schedules.
- Maintain license as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG).
- BS degree in Environmental, Civil, Chemical or Geotechnical Engineering OR geology.
- At least 8 years of environmental remediation project experience.
- California PE license or California PG license.
- Experience managing projects involving multiple methods of site remediation with a focus on remedial design/remedial action and site management/characterization; and/or environmental compliance projects.
- Requires knowledge of site remediation and hazardous waste federal regulations including CERCLA and RCRA. Knowledge of related California-specific regulations (of Cal EPA including CA RWQCB and DTSC) strongly preferred. Experience working with Cal EPA agencies.
- Knowledge and experience with various environmental media (soil, sediment, biota, groundwater, soil gas, and/or surface water) investigations, contaminant fate and transfer, assessments and remediation technologies.
- HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to demonstrate possession of strong writing, verbal communication, and leadership skills.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List