Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
737580 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
September 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 26, 2012
At Steelcraft, it begins with people. Since our business was established nearly 100 years ago, developing our people has been a core function and commitment of our business.
Steelcraft is proud to employ some of the most creative minds at work, and our team members are fueled by our commitment to quality. Whether it is engineering new manufacturing techniques, creating innovative products or designing a faster delivery process, our people are fully committed to continuous improvement and work in collaboration with our customers to make projects happen.
Based in Canada, Steelcraft is actively seeking a wide variety of people. Our culture is one that truly values diversity ¿ ideas and insights ¿ and champions the idea of building and expanding the potential in each employee. Learn more about our philosophy and culture
QCI a division of Steelcraft Inc., manufactures fabricated and machined components and assemblies for the Transportation, Forest Products, Off-road Machinery, Construction, Mining, and Heavy Equipment industries.
Located in Southwestern Ontario, QCI's Stratford facility is currently recruiting for the following position;
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - STRATFORD
Monday through Thursday 3:30pm - 2:00am
The incumbent's main areas of responsibility are to plan, organize, direct and control the production departments by developing and implementing efficiently and effectively the use of materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets. To ensure that all Organizational Policies and Procedures are adhered to in a consistent manner.
Responsible for coaching and mentoring employees and when necessary discipline with the guidance of Human Resources. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, promoting hourly employees with the guidance of Human Resources.
- Plan, organize and control production work including the timely set up of equipment and welding / machining stations
- Ensure and promote a safe working environment by abiding and ensuring employees follow safety regulations, policies and procedures
- Delegate work orders to optimize productivity and employee capabilities
- Staff the manufacturing function (prepare job descriptions, make hiring decisions and deploy resources) to meet production requirements
- Lead people by providing clear direction on priorities and communicating performance expectations.
- Manage individual employee performance by defining performance expectations and output standards, measuring results, giving feedback & coaching.
- Assess skills of hourly employee and where gaps exist arrange for skill upgrading or training
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company policy and implementing progressive discipline when necessary with the assistance of HR
- Provide guidance, directly or indirectly to employees on day to day technical concerns
- Effectively supervise production processes to deliver positive results for all Key Performance Indicators
- Responsible for communicating with other functions to address issues that may surface such as shortage in inventory, short lead times, incomplete or inaccurate work instructions, etc
- Maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products by working closely with Quality/Engineering function and ensuring requirements are communicated to shop floor
- Support Lead Hands with issues and troubleshooting everyday technical problems
- Responsible for ensuring that technology transfers and/or new work procedures are managed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for proper investigation, documentation and tracking of accidents and other incidents
- Communication responsibilities include providing employee with operational information, Health & Safety meetings and setting up & maintaining shift start up & transfer meetings
- Co-ordinate improvement initiatives with CI and others to increase production efficiencies
- Participate with Maintenance Team in building and executing a Preventative Maintenance Program to help minimize machinery down time
- Manage and respond to the Employee Issue Resolution Process in a timely manner
- Monitor and track: attendance, sick leave and vacation.
- Lead and/or participate in problem solving
- Prior Supervisory experience, ideally working in an ISO Certified environment; knowledge of office processes, procedures, and technology
- 7-10 years of background experience in a production environment
- 5-7 years experience supervising people
- Post Secondary Diploma / Certificate or the equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge (3-5 years) of metal fabrication, welding and machining processes and procedures of large components
- Ability to read and comprehend engineered schematics and detailed blueprints.
- Experience in machining, metal fabricating, grinding, painting, auto body, mechanical, and electrical assembly experience
- Strong experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, concepts and experience
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and use industry related measuring tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO standards.
- Valid First Aid Certificate required / WHMIS training / Confined Space Entry / Forklift License / Overhead Crane Training Certificate.
- Good management, communications, problem solving and employee relation skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements including but not limited to the OHS &A, ESA 2000, and other regulations as required.
- Computer knowledge (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows)
- CORE Certification
- Basic understanding and knowledge of employment legislation - OH&SA, ESA 2000, & Human Rights Code
- Previous experience implementing and maintaining 5S
- Experience with Kaizen blitzes and continuous improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of visual manufacturing (MRP Software)
- Knowledge of CAD Systems
Please respond by sending your resume and cover letter (stating salary history / expectations) and quoting CareerMine job # to:
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List