Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
738322 Job Summary
Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Employer Job Id:
May 3, 2012
July 2, 2012
Sr. Human Resources Generalist
- Eaton Corporation , Hydraulics Group Business, located in Shawnee, OK has an immediate opening for a Senior HR Generalist. The Shawnee, OK facility is Eaton’s Center of Excellence for the machining and assembly of hydraulic motors and hydraulic motor components, used to power both agricultural and construction equipment.
- The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist the HR Team in the implementation, and administration of HR programs and initiatives to support business objectives and to maintain positive employee relations for the Shawnee Hydraulics plant. This is a visible position to include daily contact with employees, supervisors, management, and representatives of external agencies on matters of employment, policy, procedures, and programs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain positive employee relations, which effectively promote the Eaton Philosophy and the “all-salaried” manufacturing concept.
- Perform employee coaching/ counseling to assure fair and equitable treatment of all employees. Advise staff and supervisors in personnel related matters. Perform investigations into claims of harassment / discrimination and make recommendations to the HR Manager.
- Develop and maintain the affirmative action plan, which meets federal, state, and corporate guidelines. Monitor progress against program commitments and take necessary action, including alerting management, to eliminate or minimize potential underutilization areas.
- Compile salary and benefits data. Make recommendations to the Human Resources Manager regarding the development of wage and salary practices, policies and wage / salary structures. Assist the Human Resources Manager in administering an equitable and competitive compensation program.
- Direct and facilitate the recruitment, selection, and promotion processes so as to rapidly meet requested staffing levels. Actively develop and maintain various sources for recruiting talented candidates for employment. Monitor staffing practices for effectiveness. Direct and coordinate the temporary employment program.
- Facilitate teams to plan and accomplish various employee activities designed to promote excellent employee and community relations (United Way, Recreation Committee activities, community involvement, etc.)
- Coordinate various benefit programs, including employee counseling/training activities and open enrollment activities.
- Provide proactive support for the development and the achievement of Human Resources Department goals and objectives, plant certifications, and long term HR strategy.
- Perform job analyses and write effective and comprehensive job descriptions to maintain accurate and current descriptions of job activities within the facility
- Be an effective Eaton liaison to outside agencies/vendors such as hospitals, academic institutions, civic/social agencies and state/federal/contract auditing services.
- Assist in driving the HR strategy for building organization capability, employee engagement, performance management, communications, reward and recognition, etc.
- Utilizes data analysis skills to support and develop key human resources strategies
- Actively support and assist the managers with the facility Environmental Health and Safety programs, site certifications, and other site related goals and business objectives.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as required.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a human resources related position,
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- HR competencies and knowledge in organizational development, employee relations, recruiting, compensation/benefits administration and compliance.
- Ability to drive results by developing and empowering individuals and teams.
- Coaching, conflict management, and change management skills
- Organizational and follow up skills, ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Excellent (listening, verbal and written) communication skills and professional presence
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data, and develop robust action plans
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and off-shifts as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List