WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Our phenomenal growth has been based on the fundamental principles of effective cost control, proactive balance sheet management and a defined operating strategy. Canadian Natural maintains a large, balanced portfolio of assets with production and development of both natural gas and crude oil.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Area Geophysicist will work with team members to identify areas of future potential and help define Exploration strategies and areas of focus.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Perform high quality interpretation of 2D and 3D seismic integrated with geological mapping to define drilling locations, and assess property acquisitions and land sale postings
• Interact effectively in a cross-functional team with Geology, Land, and Engineering to ensure projects meet the Company's economic criteria and finding costs
• Partner with the Area Geologist in planning geophysical programs and seismic purchases to support land acquisitions, prospect assessment and drilling activity
• Work with the field acquisition group to define seismic program parameters and lay-outs
• Map existing fields to help optimize production
• Provide direction and supervision for junior geophysicists and technical support staff
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with a Geophysics degree
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o 2D and 3D interpretive work in Western Canada
o Finding economic new reserves and play types
o Prospecting for hydrocarbons in Alberta
o Working on Seisware workstation and hardcopy with varying seismic vintage and data quality
o Petra mapping software and integration with seismic interpretation
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.