Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
740196 Job Summary
Hardware V&V Engineer I
Employer Job Id:
May 5, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 4, 2012
Hardware V&V Engineer I
- Researches, analyzes, designs, and tests component parts, processes, or systems to develop new and/or improve core products. Develops and recommends solutions for technical project assignments using fundamental principles of mechanical, electrical, packaging, or other engineering disciplines.
- Interaction is primarily within [Company] and core team or cross-functional internal teams.
- Collaborating in a team environment develops assigned portions of design by analyzing specifications and performance requirements. Performs routine design and supports development of assigned products (e.g. new mechanical or electromechanical components, subsystems, and systems) by applying basic engineering principles and established analytical tools.
- Investigates product development factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, contractual specification requirements, cost-defining recommendations, and change proposals.
- Completes defined technical tasks (e.g. modify product functional specifications, detailed drawings and schematics; define data elements and structure; analyze and interpret test reports). Develops reports and documentation in response to technical information requests.
- Conducts routine analysis and/or tests to evaluate product designs, methods, materials or processes and completes required technical documentation by applying engineering principles and company standards, and generating reports, procedures, or change proposals as required.
- Provides technical information for review with product engineering and design review teams. Consistently applies established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods. Contributes to supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports.
- Adopts lean product development and standard engineering development and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities. Contributes and supports other teams or individuals as needed.
- Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in an engineering or science technical discipline. Professional entry level position. May have limited prior industry experience or have worked with direction in student internship programs.
- Fundamental knowledge of engineering domain principles, concepts, and techniques.
- General knowledge of industry products, customers, and related legal/regulatory requirements.
- Fundamental knowledge of and use of basic engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design programs). Learns and utilizes specialized engineering databases; may require programming skills.
- Develops familiarity with products and customer specifications and standards applicable to assigned product line or system.
- Ability to communicate status of technical tasks and actions taken with clarity and precision.
- Ability to work with general direction and instruction regarding the scope of assignments; determines the priority and order of assignments; and applies judgment in selecting procedures and techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and reports. Ability to present findings and information in both formal meetings and informally within and across [Company] teams.
- The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
- Hardware Engineer responsible for System and Hardware Validation and verification activity for complex systems. Experienced in all phases of the hardware development life cycle verification using DO-254B and familiar with ARP4754. Has the ability to plan, estimate, organize and conduct hardware verification activity. Must be able to oversee and manage the work of subcontractors (on-site and off-site).
- Responsible for the creation, review, execution and analyses of system and hardware test cases from requirements in Textual format, state diagrams, VHDL code and schematics. Experience with VHDL design methodology for verification preferred.
- Must be able to work with internal and external customers to gather and analyze hardware requirements. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- BSCS or BSEE and 2-5 years of related experience in hardware validation and verification.
- Equal opportunity/Affirmative action employer. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List