WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Utilizing both cyclic steam stimulation (CSS) and steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD), our current thermal production capacity is approximately 120,000 barrels of bitumen per day. In addition to the existing operations, Canadian Natural has vast land holdings of oil sands rights in the Athabasca Oil Sands area. Our thermal in situ oil sands plan is to add ~40,000 bbl/d of additional bitumen capacity in a phased project execution strategy every 2 - 3 years as we strive for a target of approximately 450,000 barrels of bitumen per day.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Project Engineer will become a member of the Area Team which is assigned to develop the region that includes the assigned Pad Add Project.
• Responsible for the overall cost, quality and schedule of the assigned Pad Add and Pipeline project(s)
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Work closely with key internal stakeholders (i.e. Exploitation, Production, Facilities, Operations etc) to finalize the Project Scoping documents and Project Chart prior to the kick-off of the project
• Play a key role in the selection of the Engineering/Procurement (“EP”) Company
• Provide active performance management of the key personnel at the EP Company throughout the duration of the project
• Provide routine ‘transparent’ project status reports (including: expenditure profile, cost report, critical path schedule, and highlights of key issues)
• Leverage off the experience of the previous Pad Add project to make incremental improvements to the assigned project
• Work closely with the commissioning coordinator to organize the pre-commissioning and commissioning phases of the project
• Responsible for the technical and financial closeout of the project
• Typically 10+ years of related project/facilities industry experience with an Engineering Degree
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of:
o Field experience with previous experience in thermal heavy oil
o A proven track recorded of fully cycle project execution (Feed Engineering to Handover to Operations) of facilities projects (50mil$+)
o Applicable Guidelines, Directives and Regulations with regards to the Environment, Safety, ERCB, and the Alberta Boilers Safety Association
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.