Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
741063 Job Summary
Operations Manager LARM
Employer Job Id:
May 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 7, 2012
Operations Manager LARM
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls Louisiana Ready Mix activities; manages all aspects production and distribution. Accepts responsibility for profitability and an acceptable ROA for assets under his/her control. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Ensures coordination and teamwork between his/her Production and Distribution departments with the Sales, Maintenance, Q.C., Accounting, and Credit departments as well as other staff functions.
- Continually monitors and analyzes progress toward operational objectives. Provides constructive feedback and direction as necessary.
- Assist in developing and gaining approval on annual Profit and Business plans, Sales Forecasts, Budgets, AFE’s and other management reports and tools as required. Also responsible for potential acquisitions within this team.
- Assist sales in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with major contractor and other key players in market area; includes current and potential customers.
- Develops annual Human Resources Review of R/M organization, salary plans and performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Employee development: Ensures continuous growth of skills and knowledge of subordinates and their subordinates. Takes corrective action when necessary.
- Ensures all driver files as required by D.O.T. and other regulatory agencies are maintained in a timely manner.
- Develop departmental safety program ensuring safety meetings, files, reports, investigations, and inspections are conducted in a timely manner and per Policy.
- Ensures that all personnel under his supervision comply with Federal, State and Company safety rules and regulations through periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, personnel activities and working conditions.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws/regulations and company policy concerning safety, environmental, EEO/AAP, and others.
- Works together with Sales and QC in providing direction and leadership regarding customer service, pricing, sales, marketing, and operations strategies.
- Ensures coordination of raw material requirements with respective personnel both inside and outside the Company.
- Ensure optimum production with the highest quality standards.
- Ensure selecting, training and supervising of ready mix drivers, dispatchers, and batchmen in daily activities including hiring, performance evaluation, and progressive discipline is performed timely and accurately.
- Respond appropriately and in a timely manner to problems and complaints.
- Other duties as may be assigned by General Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Ready Mix concrete industry.
- Minimum 5+ years of successful supervisory experience.
- Related Bachelors Degree strongly preferred; equivalent training, skills, knowledge and experience will be considered.
- Strong financial, analytical and business management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Able to communicate with employees, vendors, customers, etc. at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Computer literate, know Microsoft systems, word, excel, Alkon, Systech, Kronos and ability to learn new systems as needed.
- Ability to drive automobile up to 5 hours per day.
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain or slippery surfaces at plants.
- Manual dexterity and visual ability to operate P.C., telephone and other office equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in the English language.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List