Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
742297 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
September 6, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
September 20, 2012
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Our phenomenal growth has been based on the fundamental principles of effective cost control, proactive balance sheet management and a defined operating strategy. Canadian Natural maintains a large, balanced portfolio of assets with production and development of both natural gas and crude oil.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Environmental Coordinator will make a significant contribution to Horizon’s Fisheries and Aquatics, Wildlife and Bird Deterrent programs. The position will support and provide guidance on waterfowl and wildlife issues at Horizon.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Manage Horizon’s bird deterrent program including supervision of contract staff, deployment of deterrents, and maintenance of deterrent systems
• Assess efficacy of bird deterrent systems and develop programs and systems to enhance capability
• Manage wildlife and bird monitoring data and preparation of reports
• Liaise with regulatory agencies on matters related to waterfowl and wildlife issues
• Regularly update management on bird deterrent activities as well as reporting any incidents
• Coordinate weed control and vegetation removal programs
• Assist with aquatics and wildlife monitoring programs including but not limited to:
o Fisheries monitoring
o Stocking of compensation lake
o Surface water quality monitoring
o Wildlife monitoring
o Data collection
• Work with environmental specialists, regulatory coordinators and academic researchers
• Assist with the generation of supporting data and forms for regulatory application submissions
• Participate in the inspection of project facilities for environmental compliance tracking
• Attend multi-stakeholder committee meetings when required
• Typically 3+ years of related industry experience with BSc
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Environmental field work, often in remote locations
o Environmental issues within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
o Provincial and federal regulatory requirements pertaining to oil sands projects
o Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
o Bird, wildlife, fisheries and water quality sampling techniques
o Operating quads, argos and small watercraft (i.e. canoes and motorboats)
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List