Fugro Robertson is a world-leading oil and gas consultancy. For 50 years we have been producing innovative and integrated products to support new ventures, exploration, appraisal, development and production activities worldwide.
The post holder will be employed in the capacity of Structural Geologist at the Fugro Robertson office based in Llandudno, North Wales.
The post holder will be required to work on a variety of projects ranging in scale from microscopic analysis of fractures to global plate tectonic studies. The projects may be for single clients on specific structural problems or may form an important part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Analysis and interpretation of a wide variety of structural data including work on
• Field scale structural/fracture modelling and in situ stress analysis studies (seismic/core/log and outcrop based)
• Single well fractured core studies including core goniometry
• Multi-well basin analysis, tectono-sedimentary modelling, field and block evaluations
• Field work
• Derivation of structural cross-sections including balancing and restoration
• Integration of structural models with well and outcrop data
• Seismic data interpretation
• Palaeogeographic reconstructions
• Interpretation of remote sensing data
• Presentation and preparation of Training Courses
• To assist with reporting writing and presentation of technical work to clients, working independently or within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Update and improve skills and knowledge base.
• Attend Training and Development courses/workshops as deemed necessary.
• Support and undertake such other functions and responsibilities as are required from time to time and where it is deemed relevant and advantageous to the operations.
• Work in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Safe Working Practices, Risk Assessments and all other Quality, Security, Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
• Be part of a proactive team of support staff responsible for delivering a high quality customer-focused professional service.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• BSc Degree
• MSc Degree
• PhD Degree
• Work within the Oil and Gas industry either in an operating company or consultancy
• Experience in a similar role
• Fracture analysis / interpretation
• Structural modelling / restoration on industry standard software
• Geological field work in structurally complex regions
• Teaching / Training / Mentoring Geologists
• Seismic interpretation on industry standard software
• Fault Seal Analysis
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Understanding of different cultures around the world
• Ability to visualise in and conceptualise in 3-Dimensions
• Structural Restoration and Balancing using industry standard software
• Understanding of Petroleum Geology / Prospect Evaluation
• Fluency in both oral and written English (an eye for detail is essential for effective communication with clients and in the preparation and delivery of presentations and reports).
• A flexible outlook
• Focused and keen on exceeding expectations
• Professional and calm in tense, high pressure and challenging situations
• Good interpersonal skills at all levels of contact
• Able to efficiently prioritise and manage workload
• Good team player with initiative to work on own when required
What we offer
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, private health insurance, childcare vouchers, and annual pay reviews. Our head office is located on the edge of the stunningly beautiful Snowdonia National Park, where there are fantastic opportunities for mountaineering, walking, cycling, sailing and other outdoor pursuits.
Contact person Julie Roberts
Telephone 01492 581811