Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
743916 Job Summary
Equipment Operator II
Employer Job Id:
May 11, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 10, 2012
Equipment Operator II
[Company] , a wholly owned subsidiary of[Company] , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose[Company] .
- Reports to Site Manager. Responsible for the following:
- Operate [Company] trucks and specialty equipment to deliver ANFO and other commercial explosives products to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Drive/operate straight bed vehicles over public roads in order to move or deliver explosive products to company or customer sites in a timely and safe manner.
- Drive and operate sump truck and blend truck in order to prepare and deliver quality ANFO products to customer sites.
- Perform maintenance on assigned vehicles and attached equipment and machinery in order to assure their reliability and safety.
- Assist the Blaster in the preparation and detonation of shots in specifically assigned locations and lead other crew members at blast site in order to safely and properly service the customer.
- Calibrate equipment, calculate fuel percentages and check emulsion density.
- Operate survey equipment and calculate ranges and volumes in order to assure accurate measurement for the customer and company.
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain safe working conditions in the shop, while driving and operating equipment and while on blast sites in order to protect personal safety and the safety of others.
- Prepare and maintain all records and reports concerning the handling and transportation of explosive products, including the safe use and detonation of explosives in order to assure accurate billing, regulatory compliance and performance history
- Proactively handle safety issues and practice Take 5! process by using the HAT tool to promote personal responsibility for safety.
- Comply with appropriate areas of the HSE Management System and DNNA Engineering Standards.
- Report all incidents and hazardous conditions to appropriate supervisors. Report and investigate Flyrock incidents through the region through the Sr. Technical Resource Manager and Loss Control Board.
- Comply with Loss Control Board mandates in support of the implementation of all policies improving the quality of blasting services and limiting liability exposure related to the blast event.
- Proactively support safety programs by participating in training and safety/tailgate meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned within the capabilities of the successful candidate, as determined by management.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- 24-36 months of mechanical, commercial driving, explosives or related work experience.
- Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Frequent exposure to long distance driving, road hazards, hazardous and explosive materials, machinery and work sites (mines, construction, manufacturing plants).
- Working conditions are primarily outdoors in all weather conditions of temperature and climate. Ability to operate mobile equipment in remote locations.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment where required.
- May require lifting of 60 lbs.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List