Our client currently has projects worth over $2bn on their order book. We are currently looking for experienced construction personnel to join their construction division on the East Coast of Australia. This is a great opportunity to progress your career. There is a very generous salary and benefits package and for non Australian residents this includes company sponsored family visas (457 visa – pathway visa to permanent residency after two years) and relocation expenses.
Civil Project Engineer – Construction Division
Brisbane, around East Coast of Australia
Our client is a leading Australian construction and contract mining group who employ over 3000 staff. They currently have orders in excess of AUD$2Billion and increasing. They continue to uphold a strong reputation for performance, teamwork, proficiency and excellent safety records. They are currently looking for experienced construction personnel to join their construction division on the East Coast of Australia where you are assured of an excellent career path and generous salary packages. For overseas candidates this includes company sponsored family visas (457 visa – pathway visa to permanent residency after two years) and relocation expenses. If interested in discussing opportunities with this client, please contact Sheila or Karen for more details.
The specific areas of responsibility of the role
- Be proactive in relation to safety and ensure a safe working environment across the project by enforcing compliance with the clients Safe Work Guidelines and Policies
- Work Safely in accordance with the OH&S Policies and Procedures
- Work in accordance with Environmental Management System and promote environmentally considerate work practices.
- Compliance with the Management System procedures for Document Control and Control of Management System Records, ensuring policies and objectives are observed and followed in the execution of tasks.
- Ensure that all work is completed in line with the Company’s Quality Management System
- Provide engineering, technical and contract support and assistance to the Construction Manager and the Construction staff
- Assist in the preparation of construction programs, monitor progress, manning levels and productivity analysis
- Assist with the technical and commercial evaluation of supplier and subcontract quotations.
- Review purchase orders and or agreements to ensure technical requirements are correctly and completely specified
- Comply with the site systems of progress recording, site diaries and photographic recording
- Administer site management of subcontractor activities as per control limits
- Daily interface with client within authority levels
- Mentor Project Engineer/s
- Identify and advise on all contractual and commercial claims related to work
- Ensure early notification of any commercial, contractual issue or conflict
Tertiary qualifications in engineering or equivalent experience and qualifications Minimum of 5-6 years in the construction industry incorporating project engineering and experience on either roads, rail, marine, water or heavy earthworks projects Project management experience Demonstrated leadership skills and competency Professional interpersonal and communication skills Ability to work in remote locations on a flyin/flyout basis rotational schedules Senior First Aid Certificate
- Basic salary: ranges from E110K pa to E125K pa depending upon experience.
- Site allowance: 35-40% of Basic salary
- Superannuation (pension) contribution
- Total package: E150K – E175K
- Rosters are generally 15 days onsite followed by 6 days R&R
- Private Health Insurance
- Income Protection & Death Benefit Scheme
- Annual Leave: 4-5 weeks paid at normal salary
- Relocation Costs
- 457 Visa – family or single
- Fully Serviced Apartment on Arrival
- Site Vehicle
- Site Accommodation
- Mobile phone