Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
745073 Job Summary
Sales Representative, Preventative Maintenance Contract
Employer Job Id:
May 12, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 11, 2012
Sales Representative, Preventative Maintenance Contract
- Power Generation PM Service Sales
- Generator set, transfer switch/switchgear and related engine drives preventive maintenance contract specifying, quoting and selling to all markets for assigned territory. Specific focus is to be given to increasing PM Contract sales to hospitals and health care facilities, commercial real estate markets, data centers, telecommunications facilities, government and military facilities direct and via subcontract utilizing [Company] Business Intelligence tools and outside sources. Sales to any and all markets and/or applications that utilize generator sets that would require or benefit from a maintenance contract.
- Work with new unit sales group to identify owners and end users for initial contact with potential customer contacts to develop a thoughtful PM contract proposal.
- Respond to and quote all incoming bid requests for PM service, aftermarket projects and additional recommended service and repair work as identified by service reporting.
- Perform site surveys, inspections and customer meetings to gather (technical) unit and site data that will be required for accurate PM quoting; (business) material for establishment of a clean [Company] /customer commercial relationship and to collect the information for the performance of service work including two to three Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) audits/surveys per month with an on-site [Company] technician.
- Coordinate and cooperate with Service Operations Department personnel on PM scope and scheduling matters.
- Represent [Company] at trade shows, professional organizations and open houses.
- Maintain customer and sales data bases including but not limited to; call reports, won/loss reports and sales/billing forecasts as requested. Sales personnel will be required to provide a weekly report/synopsis of the previous week’s activity in a clear and articulate format to the PM and Service Sales General Manager or their direct report General Manager, Power Generation Sales. The PM Sales Representative will also cooperate with corporate administrative groups for customer credit qualification and collections when requested, preliminary insurance work required by customers and assistance in establishing and handling setup of supplier/vendor qualification material required by new and existing customers.
- Work with appropriate management and service personnel to develop and attain sales and profitability goals along with a willingness to continue personnel business and technical education and training.
- A successful applicant for the Power Generation Preventive Maintenance Sales Position would have two (2) or more years of experience in Preventive Maintenance Contract Sales and/or power generation service operations with a [Company] Power Generation distributor or competitive product and/or a proven sales and customer relations track record in similar or related industries. A formal degree is desirable but not required.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as required.
- Know, follow, lead, and enforce all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Perform two JSA shares in the field each month to support safe working conditions and practices.
- [Company] is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is [Company] intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job related factors.
- A successful applicant for the position would have two or more years of experience in Power Generation Equipment Sales with [Company] Power Generation or competitive generator sets or a proven sales track record.
- Knowledge of generators, diesel engines, and have an excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, contracts, bid documents, engineering literature, legal, financial and insurance documents.
- Knowledge and skills to respond to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies and members of the business community. ability to handle public speaking clearly is a required characteristic of the PM sales position
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Basic engineering understanding of electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Skill set to deliver financial quotations and specification information sheets in prescribed style and format.
- Communication and reporting skills to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Analyze and interpret common technical journals, contracts, bid documents, engineering jargons, and other legal documents.
- Ability to effectively and clearly present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public is needed and will be measured.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills needed.
- Must be available to travel specific territory utilizing personnel vehicles, adhere to CRM and customer security and safety mandates and respond to customer matters at all times.
- Must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- The ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables where only limited standardization exists is needed.
- Must be able to reason, and negotiate on the fly with limited information, and resources, to defuse sensitive situations, and solve customer service and support situations will be a critical skill needed to succeed in this position.
- Ability to work on several things at once; detail-oriented; organized and methodical. Judgment and good decision-making skills are required.
- Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude and rapport with others
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines
- Must be able to lead, manage, and work with others in a team environment
- Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs
- Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
- Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside
- Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance
- No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years
- No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period
- No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years
- Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position
- If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company’s competitors, customers, or suppliers
- Employee lifts/carries 25 lbs. occasionally
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, Protective Footwear as required.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List