Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
746006 Job Summary
Manager-Environmental Health & Safety
Employer Job Id:
May 15, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 14, 2012
Manager-Environmental Health & Safety
- [Company] has an opening for an EHS Manager at its Brooklyn, Ohio manufacturing facility. This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the site. Individual is accountable for: directing EHS activities; establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for: maintaining site ISO/OHSAS certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals and activities to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement and ownership of the MESH elements.
- Develops behavior based safety programs, while driving and promoting a zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and [Company] EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information including maintenance of the OSHA log.
- Develop and conduct training programs and educate key staff positions and employees on environmental and safety laws, regulations and procedures.
- Acts as site point of contact for Federal, State, and Local inspections pertaining to EHS, and ensures compliance with air, water, waste water and storm water permits and other safety and environmental concerns.
- Assist in facilitating the development and maintenance of facility emergency response plans and ensure that all affected employees receive training as needed
- Manages capital upgrades and projects that pertain to EHS improvements.
- Leads corrective action and incident investigation teams pertaining to EHS.
A preferred candidate will have a Master’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Discipline and:
- Comprehension of industry, state, and country EHS requirements
- Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams
- Proficiency using formal problem solving methods (e.g. 8D) to identify root cause and drive corrective action
- Strong team-building skills
- Strong organizational skills:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or related Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing setting
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List