WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Mine Projects Engineer will identify and participate in project work required in support of the Horizon Mine, a new mining operation that supplies oil sands to a bitumen extraction and up-grading plant. The role will present the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects:
• Purchase and commissioning of major mine equipment
• Surface water control and pumping
• Monitoring “OTR” consumption and inventories
• Design of fueling facilities
Projects are to be developed, engineered, presented for approval and ultimately executed with a defined scope, schedule and cost. The engineer will be responsible for monitoring the assigned project progress, defining the external engineering support required, approval of project changes and reporting on project progress and cost.
This role presents the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects. Candidates are not required to have experience in all of the following activities; however a broad range of interest and willingness to learn will be vital for this position.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Identify mining equipment and mine support equipment required to support and expand mine production
• Capital equipment purchases - develop equipment specifications and supporting “Request for Quote” documents in support the purchase of major mine and mine support equipment, including haul trucks, shovels, graders, dozers
• Assist in the selection, delivery, assembly and commissioning of mine equipment
• Develop Mine Electrical Power Supply – for 72,000 v and 600V systems, define powerline routes, power distribution systems and mine sub-station locations, support the design, construction and commissioning of the systems
• Develop Mine Surface Dewatering Systems – define water collection points and define pump, power, facilities and pipeline requirements to pump all surface water out of the mine to remote storage ponds
• Manage and recommend changes to the purchase and use of OTR tires, and replaceable Mine Equipment Wear components
• Collaborate with the Mine Operation team to ensure projects are practical and that the project scopes and timing are practical
• Ensure projects are compliant with applicable laws and regulations and adhere to reporting requirements
• Develop and communicate detailed project plans and schedules in support of the safe, reliable and cost effective operation of Horizon Oil Sands
• Assist in the 5 Year & Annual budget preparation
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with Engineering Degree in Mining, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Open pit mining or heavy construction
o Project development/management
o Microsoft Office Suite
o Writing and presenting project justifications
o Writing capital spending justifications
o Capital project development, execution and reporting
o High voltage electrical power supply systems,
o Surface dewatering and pumping systems
o “OTR” tire management
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.