Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
746035 Job Summary
Sr. Accountant COALTRADE
Employer Job Id:
St. Louis, MO
May 16, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 15, 2012
Sr. Accountant COALTRADE
This position reports to the Manager of Trade Accounting and handles most of the back office trading functions for the global Peabody COALTRADE organizations. Major position responsibilities include the proper accounting/recording of Peabody Energy's global trading activities, including development and implementation of policies, procedures, systems and controls. The Senior Accountant participates in cash and earnings forecasting in addition to duties that center on daily and monthly processing of transactions.
Primary duties include:
- Insure proper revenue recognition and costing, including invoice processing, for all physical deliveries (coal, freight, insurance, demurrage/dispatch, quality adjustments, etc.) and review and maintain the related margin report. This entrails reviewing transactions, as necessary, with the COALTRADE President, traders and schedulers, and researching discrepencies, often in cooperation with the Risk Management group.
- Maintain intercompany tracking reports
- Operate in foreign currencies, including the remeasurement of foreign currency denominated transactions, associated transaction gains and losses and support of foreign currency statutory reporting.
- Determine contracts to be settled financially through use of the company's Allegro software and coordination with Scheduling.
- Be the professional face of Peabody to our trading counterparties. Maintain contact with counterparties to ensure that there is agreement with the amount due to/from the counterparty, prepare invoices and ensure that all transactions are properly recorded or paid in accordance with the contract terms.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations on all balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Provide income statement analysis of trading activities as needed by senior management and internal and external auditors.
- Monthly review of selling, general, and administrative expenses for all departments of COALTRADE and investigate and explain any variances.
- Be an active participant in continuous process improvement, and be responsive to the needs of our personnel working overseas.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, including spending trend analysis and discussions with COALTRADE management regarding future spending assumptions.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience
- CPA preferred
- Operational accounting experience and competence in accounting software
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize various projects that may be in process simultaneously
- General understanding of and practical experience in applying generally accepted accounting principles
- Written communications skills should include ability to prepare concise and coherent financial narratives, position papers on technical issues and descriptions of complex transactions
- Effective oral communication skills including the ability to convey ideas on complex accounting issues, coordinate project teams, communication with outside parties, effectively conduct meetings and use active listening skills
- Ability to organize and prepare materials for use in presentations
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List