WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer is responsible for ensuring the Preventative Maintenance frequency, accuracy and work scopes are adequate to sustain availability targets and for data analysis and reporting contributing to the successful operations at the Horizon Oil Sands plant.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Develop, review and maintain a reliability program for the Bitumen Production area of the plant
• Focus on safety, cost reduction and reliability; ensure all employees follow appropriate safety programs
• Review and recommend predictive and preventative maintenance procedures and techniques
• Ensure the Reliability Centered Maintenance and Rick-Based Inspection methodologies are implemented and are part of the overall operations and maintenance activities
• Manage plant and spare parts optimization
• Interface with all departments to support maintenance functions and activities
• Develop, update and maintain equipment files, drawings, records and documentation
• Provide day to day support for ensuring maximum reliability and uptime of equipment; establish reliability goals and measure effectiveness of reliability programs and ensure the equipment reliability and availability is measured and reported every month
• Lead and support Root Cause Failure Analysis of key equipment/process failures
• Conduct regular audits to the preventive/predictive monitoring programs to ensure they are efficient and cost effective
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with Engineering Degree and Reliability Certificate program or Certified Reliability Engineer
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), Root Cause Analysis, RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) and RBI (Risk Based Inspection) practices
o WCB (Worker Compensation Board) and Alberta OH&S (Occupational Health and Safety) rules and regulations
o Condition based maintenance; Oil and Lube programs
o Rotating and static equipment
o Setting up proactive practices and predictive/preventative maintenance programs
o Vibration analysis
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.