WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Our phenomenal growth has been based on the fundamental principles of effective cost control, proactive balance sheet management and a defined operating strategy. Canadian Natural maintains a large, balanced portfolio of assets with production and development of both natural gas and crude oil.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Business Systems Analyst performs a combination of three functions: business analysis, systems analysis, and project management. A Business Systems Analyst is responsible for managing the customer relationship between IS (Information Systems) and one or more business areas, implementing new applications, and supporting and maintaining a portfolio of existing applications. A Business Systems Analyst may also provide guidance and direction to Systems Analysts and/or Developers.
This position will be located in Calgary, but will require travel to the Horizon site on a regular basis.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Manage the customer relationship between IS and specific business areas. Initial areas of responsibility include the Master Control Room, Production reporting and part of Upgrading and Utilities, Bitumen Production and Mining
• Support, maintain, enhance and/or upgrade a portfolio of custom and package applications
• Analyze requests for new functionality and document business cases to justify new application investments
• Plan, organize and manage application projects
• Plan, assign and monitor daily work assignments for Systems Analysts, Developers, and in the case of a Lead Business Systems Analyst, other Business Systems Analysts
• Develop cost estimates for the annual IS capital and operational budgets
• Develop an Annual Business Applications Plan for the areas under responsibility
• Business perceives projects deliver what is promised
• Existing applications are supported and maintained in a responsive manner
• Client expectations are proactively managed through timely, open and honest communication with the business
• Typically 6+ years of related industry experience with post secondary degree in Computer Science or a related field of study
• Business Analysis and/or Project Management certifications
• Ability to combine technical ability and understanding with communication and negotiation skills
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o requirement gathering and risk analysis
o business modeling, process modeling, data modeling, and effort/cost modeling and estimating
o N-tier application analysis, design and development
o control systems
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.