WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $2 Billion with similar spending projected each year for the next 5 years.
• The Lead is responsible for supervising a team of Supply Management Professionals, Buyers and Analysts providing contract formation and administration services for Horizon Oil Sands expansion projects.
• Projects are in various stages including engineering and design, procurement and construction so you will have exposure to a variety of supply management activities for contract values up to $500 million.
• Oversee and drive the activities and resources required to execute the procurement and contract management process including:
o Scope development
o Supply market research and positioning
o Requests for proposals/quotations
o Award and administration of contracts and agreements
Further your career at a supervisory level by applying your expertise, problem solving and leadership skills to:
• Mentor and manage your team to facilitate their professional development
• Drive team activity and delegate and distribute workload to align activity with wider business objectives
• Ensure budgetary and scheduling targets are met
• Take the lead on hiring, training and performance management to build and develop your team, ensuring your team works closely with the project management team to identify contracting and procurement requirements
• Create a positive work environment that encourages the development and empowerment of employees
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
Working in a matrix organizational setting, you will support specific project teams to ensure that their contracts and procurement needs are met while remaining in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Develop strategies to obtain best value for the goods and services
• Complete the acquisition process on time and on budget
• Administer contracts and purchase orders effectively
• Close out commitments in a timely manner
• Lead or participate in negotiations to resolve commercial and technical exceptions, change orders and claims
• Provide expertise on contracting and procurement matters
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders to address their needs for information and input
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers and contractors to ensure a strong supply base is available for goods/services
• Contribute to Supply Management continuous improvement initiatives
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with University degree or diploma
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working in a large industrial projects environment
o Working in a supervisory role
o Developing and managing strategic agreements with a proven track record for creating and sustaining value
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.