WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Horizon Information Technology (IT) team within the CNRL Horizon Information Systems (IS) Department is responsible for supporting Horizon’s information system needs. This involves planning and project management for all applications and infrastructure projects associated with Horizon. Horizon IT expects to select, implement and support approximately 30 applications and to plan and deploy network, voice and desktop services to 1,500 users.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Install, maintain and support PCs, laptops, printers, plotters, scanners and various other user based hardware devices, in use at site
• Facilitate emergency protocols associated with telecommunication devices
• Provide support and maintenance within or on communications rooms, servers and data-centers
• Provide support for network infrastructure including wireless, LAN, WAN (Local or Wide Area Networks) etc.
• Support and maintain the MineFleet Management System, infrastructure equipment and the Minefleet Wireless Network
• Conduct preventative maintenance to MineFleet infrastructure equipment
• Interact with service desk and support teams in Calgary and on site to troubleshoot and resolve support issues for the business on any and all user based hardware related issues
• Ensure users are efficiently and effectively updated on current issues
• Accurately track and update inventory on site using inventory management process
• Perform routine hardware maintenance and assist in proper upkeep and utilization of systems
• Configure hardware
• Install software images
• Receive, update and be responsible for assigned issues from the Remedy call tracking system
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with University degree or technical school diploma
• A+, N+, Server+ designations an asset
• Valid class 5 driving licence
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best practices
o Working in a customer service role
o Relating technical skills to business solutions
o Communicating technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC’s, printers, plotters and other hardware related devices
o Determining computer problems and coordinating solutions by leveraging support groups within IT
o Current technological developments/trends in area of expertise
o Call tracking software applications, ideally Remedy
o Working at heights
*** Please note that this is a contract to permanent position
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.