This is an onshore position based in our Aberdeen office reporting to the Technical Manager.
Responsible for project technical support on assigned ROV systems. Primary responsibility is for the technical liaison between the onshore project manager, offshore ROV team, onshore workshops and suppliers. Secondary responsibility to cover for other ROV support engineers while they are on leave, sickness or out of the office.
• Ensure safe and effective delivery of equipment, spares and other resources in support of the project manager and the offshore ROV systems.
• Maintain highest practical standards of engineering, by where required, supervising and coordinating delivery of internal and third party technical services for offshore worksite, including technical support regarding the suitability of third party hires. Assist the Commercial Department and Project Managers in the awareness, understanding of ROV related technical matters relating to future and current projects.
• Liaise with other Fugro companies and suppliers to develop new technologies and equipment for existing and future ROV systems.
• Ensure ROV equipment preparation for project is suitable for contract work scope by liaising with Project Manager, logistics etc, including any modifications which may be required.
• Ensure proper budgetary control on project costs, within pre-approved expenditure limits, and liaise with Project Manager and/or Business Line Manager if further approvals are required.
• Assist in maintaining and improving the company’s QA and HSE Management systems for the project within the responsibilities for the technical support role.
• Ensure regular communication with the ROV systems throughout the project.
• Liaise with other project managers and department managers on coordination with other projects, to help ensure optimal utilization of resources.
• Assist project managers pre-plan and coordinate mobilisation and demobilisation with assistance from operations department, logistics, ROV workshops, and other business lines and department managers.
• A formal technical trade / qualification.
• Minimum of 4 years of industry experience in a primary engineering subject: Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Hydraulic Systems and or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of 4 years oil and gas offshore experience.
• Operational experience with ROV systems.
• Knowledge of core ROV technical specifications. i.e; survey related sensors and sub systems
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Windows products.
• Understanding of QHSE polices and practices. As well as working in accordance with Fugro Subsea Services Limited QHSE polices and procedures.
• Technical experience of Multi - ROV systems both hydraulic and electric.
• Knowledge of ROV tooling systems.
• A formal secondary technical skill.
• Able to priortise and manage work load.
• Professional and calm in tense and challenging situation.
• Work on own initiative.
• Take responsibility of own work.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Participate in an on call rota and may be required to work extended and intermittent hours as well as company travel as and when required.
What we offer
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Health Scheme
• We encourage Continuing Professional Development
Contact person Deni Sarafimoski
Telephone 00 44 1224 257600