Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
748426 Job Summary
Mobile Mechanic - RM Concrete
Employer Job Id:
Fort Myers, FL
May 17, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 16, 2012
Mobile Mechanic - RM Concrete
- Perform maintenance and repair of various types of mobile equipment in Company shops or on public roadways as necessary. Maximize equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs.
- Diagnose problems and perform mechanical repair and maintenance to various types of equipment including but not limited to: tires, ready mix concrete trucks, heavy construction equipment and passenger vehicles
- Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects
- Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis Rebuild or fabricate parts as needed
- Create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed
- Coordinate with location supervisor and review Daily Driver Reports (DDR’s), to prioritize work accordingly
- Input daily repair reports into software based tracking program
- Communicate with drivers and plant managers to ensure adherence to preventative vehicle maintenance policies and practices
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment
- Order parts from approved vendors and drive Company pick-up/repair truck to pick up parts
- Operate fixed and mobile equipment as necessary
- May assist in the maintenance and repair of fixed equipment
- Comply with all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
Job Specific Duties/ Skills:
- Qualified to perform preventative maintenance and repair/replace tires
- In addition obtained 1 to 3 relevant certifications related to the repair and maintenance of mobile equipment; performs minor repairs independently and complicated repairs under supervision
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience: Two (2) years’ experience in repair and maintenance of mobile equipment preferred
- License: Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record required
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) strongly preferred
- Must have good mechanical and welding skills, certified welders preferred. Ability to operate crane, forklift, loaders, and various other types of mobile equipment preferred. Must have sufficient level of education to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature relating to products and equipment. Must have the ability to read technical manuals and understand schematic diagrams. Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English, including reading and writing.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List