Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
749060 Job Summary
Operator - Dozer/Mobile Equip
Employer Job Id:
Oakland City, IN
May 19, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 18, 2012
Operator - Dozer/Mobile Equip
Job Summary/Essential Functions:
Safely and efficiently operate large surface mining equipment (50 tons and larger) being used in the process of the mining, preparation or shipment of coal.
Special skills or Qualifications Required:
- Must have experience in safely operating large mining equipment of the following or equivalent sizes: Caterpillar D7, D8, D9, D10, D11 bulldozers, Caterpillar 988 or 992 end loaders, small to medium size backhoes and road graders.
- One or more years of mining experience is preferred.
- Must be capable of working in congested areas and be able to recognize and adjust for changing situations that occur in the active mining areas.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment on steep slopes and next to high-walls all of which are continuously changing.
- Must have the ability to recognize and react safely to potential hazards from changing conditions such as weather, sunlight, darkness, artificial lighting and the variability of the surface contours.
- Must have the ability to recognize potential safety hazards associated with the various mining areas such as equipment blind spots, overburden high-walls, blasting areas, repair shop hazards, power lines, etc.
- Must have basic math and writing skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Welding and electrical experience is desirable for dragline operators.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must follow Company, State and Federal regulations, plans and policies.
- Must have high safety standards for self and others and wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets.
- *Must be willing to work any assigned shift, overtime, weekends and holidays.
Physical Requirements, Surface Operations:
- Must have the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have the ability to be seated for up to 4 hours to operate equipment or vehicles.
- Must have the ability to work from elevated positions, walk/climb up and down stairs/steps and climb on and off equipment and ladders.
- Must have the ability to lift/raise 10 - 50 lbs. without mechanical assistance frequently during the course of work shift.
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions (push, pull, twist, handle), and have rapid reflex movements of the arms and legs and good hand to eye coordination.
- Must have the ability to work in extreme conditions, including but not limited to changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise from low to high, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
- Must have the ability to wear required protective footwear, hearing and eye protection, and other personal protective equipment as required by Company and MSHA.
Note: This description merely reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the position identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Changes in operation or job content may require that this description be revised from time to time in the company's sole discretion.
Peabody Energy considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List