WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
The Process Technician will have the opportunity to monitor, operate, adjust and maintain processing units within Upgrading Operations for the Horizon Oil Sands with exposure to the following plants: Naphtha, Distillate and Gas Oil Hydrotreaters and Hydrogen Plant.
Types of equipment you have the opportunity to work with include:
• Amine Scrubbing system
• Process wash water system
• Recycle Gas Compressor - Dry gas seals, Lube oil systems
• H2S Strippers
• Naphtha Stabilizers
• Stripper Columns
• Cooling/Inhibited Water Exchangers
• Reciprocating compressors
• Centrifugal pumps
• Steam Methane Reformer
• High temperature, High Pressure reactors
• Chemical reactions
• Natural gas Fired Heaters
• Separators/Overhead Receivers
• High Pressure steam drums, BFW circulation pumps
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Learn the layout, purpose and operating parameters of units within Secondary Upgrading Operations
• Participate in process start-ups, shut-downs and isolations as well as preparing process units and equipment for routine maintenance
• Troubleshoot and problem solve in an operational environment
• Authorize or co-sign maintenance work orders
• Sample products, perform tests, record data and maintain a log of process conditions, changes and upsets
• Learn and implement standard operating procedures
• Participate in safety audits and safety programs and maintain a safe work environment
• Typically 3+ years of related industry experience with Grade 12 or GED and ABSA Third Class Power Engineering Certificate
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
• working in a refinery, petro-chemical, sour gas plant or oil sands environment
• Hydrotreating and Hydrogen Plants
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.