Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
750395 Job Summary
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Employer Job Id:
May 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
June 20, 2012
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mine & Location Description:
Reporting to: Maintenance Superintendent
About the role & the responsibilities:
- Gold Mine / Residential Role
- Open cut mining operation
- Located in New South Wales
- On offer is ideal career & safe, friendly country lifestyle experience
- To provide Engineering and Planning input to ensure the efficient operation of the OPF, maximizing throughput rate, plant run hours and overall improvement of the condition of the fixed plant assets.
- People - Resourcing, Engagement, Development
- Zero Harm - Safety, Health, Environment, Heritage, Community
- Quality and Customer- Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Risk Management, Relationship Management
- Business Processes- Supply, Production, Maintenance, Cost Management
- Growth- Continuous Improvement, Project Deliver
- Enhancing the fixed plant maintenance capability, consistency of optimum production targets
- Build proactive relationships with stakeholders, facilitating a consistent maintenance team approach;
- Strong maintenance focus on reliability engineering service and the provision of quality controlled standardised maintenance work instructions.
- Highly autonomous role
- Ensure your activities comply with all environmental licensing conditions
- Implementation and improvement of Condition Monitoring Techniques to improve reliability.
- Development of specifications for ongoing equipment selection and management.
- To be successful in this role you will need to have a few things in your toolbox:-
- Engineering Degree in a Mechanical Discipline
- Significant experience within the mining industry (7-10 Years or more)
- A Mechanical / Electrical Engineering degree
- Background in Operational environments
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills to engage mining and engineering stakeholders across the organization.
- Gold experience helps but not a must
- Preferred Experience: Conveyors, crushing, screening to a large scale on fixed plant.
- Demonstrated ability in developing maintenance documentation and frontline supervisory experience will be highly regarded.
- An overriding commitment to OH&S and safe work practices is essential.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List