Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
751099 Job Summary
Mechanical Project Engineer (FEL)
Employer Job Id:
Field based - US
May 22, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 21, 2012
Mechanical Project Engineer (FEL)
- [Company] , a wholly owned subsidiary of[Company] , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose[Company] .
- This position can work from one of the following locations: Cheyenne WY, Donora PA, St. Helens OR, or Louisiana MO
Responsible for the following:
- This position leads the Front End Loading (FEL) definition of engineering deliverables and development of plans for engineering activities to include: design, cost estimating, scheduling, fabrication, installation, debug and start-up. Responsible for integrating plans into overall project execution.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years minimum experience preferably in ammonia, chemical, or oil and gas technology
- Experience with rotating equipment, pressure vessels, piping and tank design
- Must be able to read and understand content of standards service manuals, blueprints, and other drawings.
- AutoCad experience is desirable
- Supports the engineering process to develop and maintain work breakdown structure. This includes developing schedules and forecasts, coordinating and checking engineering deliverables and providing monthly project status reports and change orders.
- Responsible for assisting in planning, scheduling, cost estimating and conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Leads the process to define project deliverables and meet requirements by ensuring that technical alternatives are proposed and evaluated.
- Assists in preparation of FEL engineering project proposals including cost estimates and Capital Expenditure Proposal (CEP) development.
- Ensures compliance with applicable [Company] HSEQ Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
- Verifies the training of staff and contractors in statutory and company compliance.
- Ensures all contract personnel have demonstrated competency in utilizing [Company] HSEQ Performance Standards.
- Develops sourcing specifications and works closely with purchasing to secure high value products and services.
- Ensures that engineering work packages are structured properly for effective execution.
- Engages in budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Directs the work of consulting engineering firms and acts a liaison between them and the plant.
- Participates in plan and contractor meetings and resolves any engineering project issues.
- Expected to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing.
- Other duties may be assigned within the capabilities of the successful candidate, as determined by management.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List