Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
751255 Job Summary
Plant Manager - Aggregates
Employer Job Id:
May 22, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 21, 2012
Plant Manager - Aggregates
- Position is responsible for the management and operational success of the Webberville aggregate plant. This includes meeting safety standards, production requirements, cost goals, maintaining quality control and coordinating with Affiliate Ready Mix team and Sales team on inventory levels and product mix needed to achieve sales forecast. The Plant Manager should secure the services of all support groups for appropriate interpretation of Company philosophies, policies and expectations. This position will report to the General Manager Operations S&G.
- Follows [Company] Corporate Safety Program and ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Company health and safety regulations. Understands and executes programs that are consistent with corporate philosophy which encompass all aspects of safety recognizing that each is as critical to the measure of success as general production responsibilities.
- Responsible for the strategic development of annual fiscal budget and updated forecasts.
- Responsible for managing production, quality and cost goals.
- Purchases or directs the purchase of supplies and equipment in accordance with [Company] Controllers and Purchasing policies.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory levels for all products produced.
- Coordinates with others to develop all aspects associated with the Mining Plan and supports constant evaluation and review of mining and process functions, identifying and implementing improvements for efficient material handling, resource recovery, and site reclamation.
- Will work toward general improvement of plant appearance and working conditions through identified reclamation, housekeeping and workplace projects leading to a more positive business environment to be recognized in the communities in which business is conducted.
- Coordinate with environmental team to ensure compliance with all permits/regulations as well as training related to these matters.
- Promotes and supports the promotion of existing and new products. Works with Sales towards the development of new products that meet customer needs and increase margins for the Company.
- Coordinates with sales team to make visits to customers and their places of business to seek a better understanding of their business and material problems they may be facing.
- Coordinates annual Human Resources Business Plan for skills and compensation assessment, including the development of employees.
- To remain abreast of aggregate industry development and trends.
- Implements and reviews ongoing contracts, purchase orders, appropriations and expenditures requests and initiates Requisitions for goods and services as needed.
- Coordinates with General Manager, the needed staffing to properly and safely operate the plant and coordinates the same needs with labor law compliance and affirmative action with the Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for developing annual CapEx budget for sustaining and improvement projects.
- Other duties as required.
Minimum Education And Experience
- BS Degree in related field strongly preferred. Significant mining experience will be considered in lieu of college education.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in mining or similar operations.
- Minimum of 5 years successful supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Capable of understanding and effectively managing assets, (i.e. plant property and equipment, budgets and personnel) to achieve the return expectations of the Company.
- Understand basic financial reports.
- Able to work with others to develop sales forecasts, operating budgets, capital budgets and other financial planning needed to operate the business profitably. -
- Computer / PC literate; MS Office
- The ability to work with governmental representatives in a positive/productive manner.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of personnel.
- Able to read/ write/ speak in English and perform basic math functions.
- Able to resolve conflicts effectively must be energetic and innovative.
- Ability to drive up to 8 hours per day and travel by other means, overnight at times.
- Ability to use a computer, calculator, and other business equipment.
- Ability to walk up to 200 yards over rough, uneven, or cluttered terrain, lift and carry 80 lbs.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be available to walk, crawl, kneel and climb ladders/stairs to inspect facilities and to observe/supervise work activities.
- Time is split between an air conditioned office environment and outside assignments that may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, etc. (See MSDS”s)
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List