Environmental Advisor (Mining)(FIFO 8/6)
Are you an energetic Environmental professional looking for an opportunity to create a strong environmental culture and foster awareness amongst your colleagues and community? Join an emerging mining company with a focus on sustainable development and major growth strategies.
This well established mining operation in regional WA is seeking an energetic Environmental Advisor
who is ready to join a stable team with a very good record and lead them to higher performance levels. A demonstrated record of achieving innovative improvements in environmental management and the commitment to a sustainable environmental culture will be core foundations of your background.
What is so enticing about this role ?
The Environmental Advisor
will join a small and cohesive team with generous support and encouragement from the management team. It is a diverse and challenging position and will require solid technical understanding of how to ensure effective Environmental Management Systems operate within mining and exploration.
This is a permanent position offering sound career opportunities for a suitably qualified professional in Environmental Science
This role has a strong service orientation and will require someone with the interpersonal skills and relationship building capacity to make it work. Ensuring that all employees, community and other stakeholders are aware of the company's environmental policies will be critical to your success.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Implement and review Environmental Management Plans
- Conduct environmental monitoring and compliance audits
- Coaching and facilitating environmental awareness amongst site based professionals, contractors and management team
- Supporting site Environment team in day to day functions
- Providing high level technical support including monitoring, analysis and reporting programs for land, vegetation, water and waste, recycling and greenhouse gas emissions reduction initiatives
- Ensuring best practice compliance with statutory regulations
To be successful in this position your background will include:
This is a permanent position and offers a generous salary package. It is a FIFO role on 8/6 roster ex Perth.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or related discipline
- Experience in exploration or site based mining operations for at least 3 years
- Experience living and working in remote locations
- Experience driving 4WD vehicles uphill on unstable terrain
- Significant experience leading a small team and strong influencing skills
- Demonstrated record of making a difference in a similar role
- A best practice attitude to compliance
- Sound knowledge of State and Commonwealth Environmental legislation
- A willingness to get your hands dirty