SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure, and in the provision of operations and maintenance services. SNC-Lavalin has offices across Canada and in over 35 other countries around the world, and is currently working in some 100 countries. In business since 1911, the Company celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2011.
Title: Project Controls Manager
Openings: 5 Positions
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
As our revenues reach record highs, and our projects bring home some of the most prestigious prizes in the world, there has never been a better time to join our team. Now more than ever, SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field.
Our areas of work include feasibility studies and EPCM projects of mining process plants and associated infrastructure, including green-field development and brown-field and expansions. Our Mining and Metallurgy group is looking for an experienced Project Controls Manager who can manage a project controls group on studies or EPCM projects, and has the experience and capability to act as Project Controls Manager on larger EPCM projects.
- Responsible for the functional management of the Project Controls Group
- Advising and assisting project leaders in establishing project controls policies, and preparing, implementing and monitoring plans;
- Coordinating the activities of project controllers (cost, schedule and estimating) in the performance of their assigned tasks;
- Assuming responsibility for assessing the accuracy of all reports, estimates and schedules;
- Assisting in the presentation of project controls procedures to clients;
- Assisting in the development of Project Execution Plans and Project Procedures
- Supervising the work of the planning and scheduling staff;
- Analyzing very complex problems and implementing solutions.
- Developing rapport with other functions within the company;
- Proposing staffing solutions and training and development opportunities;
- Organizing and supervising work of a large group of professionals and non-professionals,
- Providing input into salary recommendations, performance evaluations and other Human Resources activities;
- Being accountable for unit deliverables;
- Making recommendations on staffing and other Human Resources activities.
- Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues, having both short and long-term effects on activities or services in the department.
- Exercises considerable judgment and initiative in interpreting policy in the planning and implementation of major projects and work assignments.
- University degree or a college diploma (or any other relevant combination of work and education);
- A minimum of 15+ years experience as a cost controller or planner, including 5+ years as a Project Controls Manager, working on mining and metallurgy projects (preferable);
- Advanced knowledge of cost control, estimating and planning techniques; and
- Advance knowledge of computer software.
SNC-Lavalin offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.