Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
752018 Job Summary
Senior Sales Representative
Employer Job Id:
May 23, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 22, 2012
Senior Sales Representative
- [Company] is seeking a qualified Pressure Pipe Sales Representative for the territory including NC, SC, and GA.
- The position of outside sales is responsible for identifying and maintaining a client list resulting in consistent sales and increased gross profit in the[Company] ) division.
- [Company] is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
- [Company] is part of the[Company] , the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. [Company] employs some 57,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Identifies key decision makers for assigned sales territory.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with key contractors and consulting engineers.
- Coordinate and conduct technical sales presentations aimed at developing and expanding sales for engineered piping systems.
- Provide timely and accurate market information.
- Develop working knowledge of product offerings for various concrete products, end configurations, diameter options and associated product and material standards and specifications.
- Understand competitive position vs. alternative products’ offering.
- Promote and obtain competitive specifications for the design and use of HPP’s piping products for water transmission systems, water/wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations and industrial applications.
- Position HPP to achieve stated business plan objectives.
- Develops sales and marketing plan for assigned sales territory.
- Monitors plans and specifications as they are developed, promoting the competitive design and use of HPP’s products.
- Participate in the bidding process on assigned projects and has responsibility to secure new orders. Coordinates bid activities with sales administrator, estimating and engineering. Reviews accuracy of proposals.
- Provides weekly sales call schedules and call reports.
- Provide management with timely and accurate market data relative to upcoming bids in industry trends, etc.
- Coordinates with sales management to develop a plan and strategy for each bid.
- Assist management with development of strategic marketing plans to expand and enhance our bottom line results.
- Work with manufacturing, engineering and quality assurance to develop action programs required to meet current industry standards.
- Participates in industry trade and technical associations, ie: AWWA, NACE, NUCA, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred
- Minimum of (3) years’ experience in industrial or construction products sales with special consideration given to those with experience selling to government entities.
- Results oriented.
- Technical aptitude, analytical and problem solver.
- Good communication, customer service, management and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of business mathematics and statistical analysis.
- Proficient computer, word processing, and spreadsheet skills.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List