Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
752035 Job Summary
IT Administrator II
Employer Job Id:
May 23, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 22, 2012
IT Administrator II
Since 1922 [Company] has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At[Company] , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship.
- This position is responsible for providing ongoing local network support for the business unit including the main office, plants, satellite offices, and job site locations to ensure workforce efficiency and productivity. Depending on location Assist in the management, supervision or provide direct guidance and direction to IT staff. Manage the activities associated with providing technical services to internal customers by identifying, prioritizing, and confirming resolution of reported problems with desktop, laptop, and networked systems. Ensures that all phases of desktop support, including installations, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and operating system configuration issues, are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved. Supports and maintains effective relationships with end users, local business management, and Corporate IT Staff. Develops information technology projects and provides strategic management and objectives for the business unit. Follows standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT support. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of IT functions.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Resolve local network and communication issues to maintain operational readiness.
- Maintain and support local Cisco VoIP telephones and related equipment.
- Assist in the maintenance of the local Active Directory OU, installation and configuration of local network applications, servers, file shares, network services and associated objects in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of business unit IT documentation to enable consistent standards and operating procedures.
- Assist in the testing of the local Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans to ensure minimum downtown in the event of a disaster.
- Coordinate the acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT equipment in compliance with corporate standards.
- Maintain hardware inventory, licensing and asset rotation consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Assist with the design, installation, requirement gathering, and maintenance of IT resources for acquisitions, large projects and joint ventures to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
- Support business applications to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
- Coordinate with Business Unit management to determine future IT needs at the location, enterprise initiatives, budgets, forecasts, licensing and asset rotation to ensure profitability and alignment with Company goals and objectives.
- Maintain open communication with Group IT Manager and local Business Manager to ensure effective problem resolution and establishment of priorities.
- Assist in the supervision of the job performance of business unit or region IT employees and/or consultants including exercising discretion in evaluating job performance and determining appropriate corrective action, analyze work flow, establish priorities, and delegate tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of training, experience and certifications.
- CompTIA A+.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- CompTIA Network+ preferred.
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in network and PC support for a multi-site business environment.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience supervising or managing IT personnel.
- Familiarity with cost accounting, budgeting, and forecasting.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
- Normally receives little to no instruction on day-to-day work, minimal instruction on new assignments.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP Professional.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2003 Server and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of HP servers, workstations, and storage products.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Internetworking products.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications.
- Ability to convey technical concepts and ideas to non-technical personnel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to abide by [Company] Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
- Commitment to conduct Business unit IT operations in a manner consistent with Corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Practical knowledge of standard business practices.
- Ability to work with minimum daily supervision.
- Ability to work both collaboratively as a team player and independently as required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of patience with an ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems quickly.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills and consistent follow through.
- Ability to prioritize workload, especially under pressure.
- Travel to plants, satellite offices and job sites may be frequent with some extended daily and weekend hours required.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List