SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure, and in the provision of operations and maintenance services. SNC-Lavalin has offices across Canada and in over 35 other countries around the world, and is currently working in some 100 countries. In business since 1911, the Company celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2011.
Title: Project/Study Manager
Openings: 5 positions
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
As our revenues reach record highs, and our projects bring home some of the most prestigious prizes in the world, there has never been a better time to join our team. Now more than ever, SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field
The Project / Study Manager will be based in our Vancouver office working on the studies within the Mining and Metallurgy Division. The Project / Study Manager will be responsible and accountable for the set up of the project team, safe and successful delivery of the project within budget, on schedule and in accordance with the approved plans and specifications and applicable government codes, all within established SNC-Lavalin project methodologies.
The Project / Study Manager implements project objectives as directed by the client and is the primary leader and manager of the project team. The Project Manager plans, budgets, and controls all project delivery efforts and is responsible for work product scope, quality, scheduled delivery and related financial performance.
The Project / Study manager's primary responsibility is to ensure that all aspects of an assigned project are completed successfully. He/she will also manage contract compliance, be the primary point of contact with the client, and ensure that the client's needs are met. The Project manager maintains primary contact with the client and is the communication link between external activities and the project team. The Project manager achieves success by supporting, listening to and managing the project team (including project design, procurement, construction management, cost estimating and project controls staff; sub-consultants/subcontractors; and staff in any other supporting offices).
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Manage capital and operations & maintenance of projects through all states of the project life cycle from initiation through to project close out;
- Develop project work plans, budgets and schedules;
- Direct and coordinate technical team members including consultants in the preparation of studies, designs, plans, specifications and cost estimates;
- Lead and manage project team with support from Area PM's, Engineering Managers, Construction Managers and technical task leaders as needed. Specific responsibilities include leadership in the application of SNC-Lavalin's PM+ delivery processes to achieve the following project delivery strategic objectives:
- Health, safety, environmental responsibility
- Client expectations for service and work product quality, delivery schedule, and client's project capital budget
- SNC-Lavalin's financial performance for project specific targets
- Project team expectations
- Operational performance and M&M Division expectations
- Manage progress reporting
Specific duties include:
- Develop and implement health and safety plans
- Focus on the client
- Build, charter and lead the project team
- Manage assigned resources
- Identify and manage change
- Ensure quality
- Manage the client's and SNC-Lavalin's project risk
When applicable, control all jobsite expenditures for labour equipment, material and services and ensure that field operations are within the budget;
Proactively liaise, set project priorities and report progress to the client and conduct customer satisfaction assessments;
Close down the project ensuring that a complete handover to the client and support team is done in conformance with SNC-Lavalin procedures.
- Bachelors in applicable engineering or construction field. Masters or equivalent preferred.
- P. Eng or P. Eng eligible in BC is desired. PMP or CCM certification is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience in EPCM/EPC project management.
- 10+ years of total experience including applicable experience prior to project management roles.
- Experience managing sub-consultants
- Working knowledge of construction methods, building systems and terminology
- Excellent client service/management, interpersonal, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience as a project leader in both planning and cost control of projects.
- Strong Contract Management skills.
SNC-Lavalin offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.