Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
752247 Job Summary
Cost Controller - Thermal
Employer Job Id:
July 21, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
September 17, 2012
Cost Controller - Thermal
Canadian Natural is one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers
in the world.
Stock Savings Plan
Annual Bonus Program
Work with great people
How many companies have FUN in the mission statement?
Accomplish great things
Be part of a dynamic work environment that is always changing - contribute your
ideas and make your mark!
Create your career path
We’re growing - grow with us!
Every employee shares in company success through stock ownership & stock options!
For Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored
- Fly In / Fly Out Allowance
and Site Accommodations
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Utilizing both cyclic steam stimulation (CSS) and steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD), our current thermal production capacity is approximately 120,000 barrels of bitumen per day. In addition to the existing operations, Canadian Natural has vast land holdings of oil sands rights in the Athabasca Oil Sands area. Our thermal in situ oil sands plan is to add ~40,000 bbl/d of additional bitumen capacity in a phased project execution strategy every 2 - 3 years as we strive for a target of approximately 450,000 barrels of bitumen per day.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Cost Controller will be responsible for development and maintenance of cost control budgets for new construction projects. The role will work closely with other members of the Project Controls Team to ensure the estimates and costs can be reconciled with the schedule. Additionally the position will contribute to the development and improvement of the comprehensive project controls system applied to Canadian Natural’s Thermal Projects by streamlining existing processes, procedures and standard project control methodologies.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Lead the preparation and maintenance of the Cost Control System and various cost exercises for projects
• Manage development of specific project codes of accounts and recommend appropriate modifications and revisions
• Work with the Project Teams to ensure budgets are effectively managed through the various engineering, procurement and construction phases of a project
• Work as part of a team, providing input on project costs that are part of the Thermal Development 10 year plan
• Liaise with Project Teams and Project Control team members to ensure common standard practices are used in a consistent manner for all projects
• Interface with both internal and external stakeholders to develop, review and provide guidance for all aspects of project controls
• Oversee the progress and productivity of the Engineering and Construction contractors for on time schedule progress and oversight of the work breakdown planning, to provide early indications of cost issues
• Report on project costs to the Project Teams and Management
• Provide constructive suggestions and ideas to improve the overall Project Controls for Canadian Natural’s Thermal Team
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with industry recognized credentials
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working on major projects for the oil and gas industry, specifically thermal in-situ oil sands developments
o Working in a supervisory and leadership role within a project controls team
o Industry specific applications such as Primavera and the Microsoft Office suite
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List