Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
753012 Job Summary
Lead, Environmental Health & Safety
Employer Job Id:
May 24, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 23, 2012
Lead, Environmental Health & Safety
- This position is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the [Company] Environmental, Safety and Health, and Security programs for the Ladysmith, WI facility. The EHSS Lead has responsibility for all aspects of the facility’s safety programs, environmental management system, as well as security systems.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO 9001, ISO 14000, etc.) as well as [Company] policies and procedures.
- Manage, implement and maintain the [Company] safety program and environmental management system to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as [Company] policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary interface with government agencies for the purpose of understanding the regulations and to ensure compliance.
- Manage, implement, maintain and modify where necessary Headquarters Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and establish facility specific procedures to ensure compliance to the environmental and safety and health regulations.
- Responsible for environmental permits, reports, forms and surveys as required by regulation and/or [Company] Control Systems policy and procedures, and submit them on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Develop written procedures and work practices, which ensure continued compliance with all environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining the safety management system, which includes a formal corrective action process as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate storage and disposal of controlled/hazardous waste within the facility following guidelines set by[Company] , EPA, and WDNR. Train appropriate employees in HAZMAT and spill cleanup.
- Manage and support the Environmental Management System, demonstrate continuous improvement, and successful implementation of ISO 14001 standard to obtain and maintain certification.
- Environmental management representative for ISO 14001.
- Provide and ensure that all environmental, security and safety training as required by regulation and/or [Company] policy and procedures is conducted for the employees, contractors and other affected persons at the facility.
- Lead safety compliance self-audits, support external safety audits.
- Conduct environmental compliance self-audits, supporting external audits and holding an annual review of the environmental management system with the management team.
- Responsible for risk assessments and methods to identify, assess and control safety and health hazards. Conduct incident investigations and implement corrective actions.
- Coaches and gives direction to employees, work teams, and safety committees on best practices for safety and housekeeping.
- Responsible for building security procedures and systems including inspections of equipment.
- Carry out periodic assessments of security risk (i.e. access control, perimeter protection, theft exposure, etc.).
- Follow HQ Security guidelines and provide information, training, and support in security matters.
- Provide timely reports of security incidents to HQ Security management, appropriate facility management and local police per defined criteria.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous experience supervising environmental, health and safety programs in a manufacturing and production environment.
- Increased knowledge in the environmental and safety fields by further studies, course work, seminars, and certification.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List