Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
753029 Job Summary
Project Controls Manager
Employer Job Id:
May 24, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 23, 2012
Project Controls Manager
- [Company] Corporation is one of North America's largest and most respected construction, engineering and mining organizations. With more than $10 billion in revenue, this privately held, employee-owned company operates through a network of business units called districts. [Company] consistently ranks as a FORTUNE 500 company and in the top five among Engineering New-Record's Top 400 Contractors. With its beginnings tracing back to 1884, Kiewit offers services in a variety of markets including transportation, buildings, water resources, power, underground, oil and gas, electrical, mining and marine. [Company] workforce includes 9,500 core staff and more than 17,500 skilled craft workers. [Company] hires people who take on new challenges, explore new ideas, and excel at their work.
- [Company] is a subsidiary of[Company] . Based in Houston, Texas, we provide a wide range of engineering, procurement and construction services to the oil, gas, chemical, ethanol and related process industries.
- Gathers information from appropriate departments, reviews all major invoices and is responsible for owner invoicing.
- Manages cost reports and projections.
- Organizes and tracks all change orders.
- Reviews the project schedule(s) and posts updates.
- Liaises with design engineers and the owner and serves as point contact for Joint Ventures.
- Keeps up-to-date on project status and pertinent field activities.
- Maintains professional and working relationships with the owner, vendors and project personnel.
- Maintains communications and correspondence with the owner and vendors.
- Supervises review and approval of Requests For Information.
- Supervises routing of drawings and transmittal approval
- Reviews, updates and maintains documentation for the Contract Administration Plan including new risks on the job.
- Maintains records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
- Trains appropriate project personnel.
- Manage project controls personnel.
- May participate in planning and contract administration activities for upcoming projects.
- May be involved in district estimating involving quantity takeoffs, site visits, estimating work, participating in estimate reviews and helping to close out a bid.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S. in Engineering, Construction Management or related field of study) from four-year College or university.
- Minimum five (5) to ten (10) years related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities.
- Must have advanced level skills in project controls tools, estimating, cost engineering, scheduling, construction management and corporate business management acumen.
- Related experience in oil and gas is preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Primavera is preferred.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List