WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $2 Billion with similar spending projected each year for the next 5 years.
The Cost Estimator is an integral part of the centralized project control team and our corporate growth strategy. You will have the opportunity to:
• Ensure all estimates are produced to a high standard and in a timely manner
• Contribute to on time/on budget project completion for the Horizon Oil Sands expansion projects
The Cost Estimator will develop various classes of cost estimates for turnaround, sustaining and capital projects, capital equipments, utilities, maintenance and insurance claim projects.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Responsible for generating various classes of estimates from conceptual stage to detailed stage with high degree of accuracy
• Use your diverse mechanical engineering experience to work with a variety of equipment:
o Columns / Drums / Vessels
• Interface with other Project Groups, including Accounting, Procurement and Engineering
• Manage the generation, development and implementation of the work and cost breakdown structures
• Assist the Contracts Administrators and the management in tender evaluations and AFEs (Authorizations for Expenditure)
• Monitor all costs, allocations and associated factors
• Manage material take-off from drawings, scopes and specifications
• Collect and assemble benchmarking data
• Typically 10+ of related industry experience with an Engineering degree or suitable technical qualifications
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o working on large scale turnaround projects
o engineering and construction project progress and methods
o JD Edward systems and other estimating programs, together with Microsoft Office programs
o a variety of other project management tools
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.