This large mining infrastructure and rail project requires a very experienced Senior Contract Engineer with experience in preparing and interpreting complex contract documents. This large project covers all aspects of work packages in the SMP, E&I, I&C fields of construction. As the successful candidate you will have previous experience working with EPCM or client companies or Tier 1 contractors, utilizing your excellent contract formation and administration skills on major projects. In return they are offering attractive remuneration on a 12 month contract basis, including FIFO anywhere in Australia, accommodation and meals whilst on site.
Other duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Prepare tender and contract documentation.
- Make recommendations for the award of contracts.
- Evaluate tender and quotation responses.
- Draft and negotiate terms and agreements with all vendors and suppliers.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder and project relationships.
- Streamline and improve contract management process.
The main focus for the Contracts Engineer will be to ensure all contracts are compliant with legal statutes and adhere to all terms agreed by the contractors, vendors and suppliers concerned. The role will play a key part in all procedures relating to tendering, contract evaluation, contract administration and claims negotiation.
This role will is open to applicants with an extremely strong history of at least 5-7 years experience working within contract administration, variations, claims and negotiation.
If this is role interests you, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 10 years experience in a similar role on a Mining, Materials Handling, Infrastructure, Rail or Infrastructure Projects in Australia
- Specific work packages experience which may include SMP, E&I etc with values in excess of $50million.
- Tertiary qualifications in law, commerce or engineering or significant experience as a Contracts Engineer on an EPCM project.
- To be able to demonstrate strong drafting, communication and organisational skills.