Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
754705 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
May 26, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 25, 2012
- This position will provide global leadership in achieving world class quality [Company] as it relates to design for reliability as well as software quality. Additionally, this position will provide leadership and direction for the continuous improvement (lean) organization globally.
- Reliability – Responsible for the performance related to design for reliability. Partners closely with [Company] businesses, functions, and operations, as well as the product quality functions, and provides leadership and a focused approach to modeling, design, validation and industrialization of products.
- Software Quality – Responsible for improved product execution and predictability of software in [Company] products, which encompasses company-wide tools and metrics.
- Continuous Improvement – Responsible for providing consistent, best in class training and certification, tracking tools and methodology for our lean resources across [Company]
- Partner with business and quality leaders to drive the new product development process, champion process and design quality, and make decisions regarding design factors that directly impact quality and reliability.
- Set strategic direction and priorities for team tasked with creation and implementation of analytical design analysis tools/services for improved design quality and improved software predictability and execution.
- Develop the quality/reliability/software standards that influence the design and product structure of [Company] products
- Lead team tasked with monitoring, analyzing, and reporting of process and product data, internal and external, resulting in the swift and effective resolution of quality problems.
- Provide direction and leadership with regard to consistent, best in class training and certification, tracking tools and methodology for lean resources across[Company] .
- Perform personnel related activities of the Quality function, including the selection, training, counseling and development of department personnel. Define training needs and the development of curriculum to ensure that quality principles and procedures are fully understood by all personnel.
- Ensure accountability with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws and holds all employees accountable. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the [Company] Information Network.
- Educate subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- Within this director position, all responsibility will be for employees within the reliability, software quality, and continuous improvement organizations.
- Amongst those organizations, there will also be the following number of employees in the corresponding areas:
- Reliability – 5 employees
- Software Quality – 14 employees
- Continuous Improvement – 7 employees (core team), responsibility for 70+ lean resources globally
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Typically requires 12 years of related experience, with proven business leadership.
- Six Sigma Blackbelt certification.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Previous significant quality leadership role within a global, matrixed organization.
- Experience managing reliability and software quality functions.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List