Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
754752 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
May 26, 2012
July 25, 2012
- Eaton Corporation located in Berea, OH is currently searching for Screw Machine Set-Up/Operators for the Fluid Conveyance-Coupling Plant. This position will work 2nd shift, training during 1st shift, and will report to a Production Supervisor.
- The Screw Machine Set-Up / Operator must be able to setup & operate a multi-spindle screw machine 6 & 8 spindle machines. Install all cutting tools, tool holders, collets, cams, gears and bar loading. He/she will be responsible to utilize Eaton Lean System Tools. This position must have the ability to rotate between multiple work centers. Each set-up/operator has responsibility for scrap, product quality and for maintaining a zero incident safety culture.
- To follow Standard Work set up/operate.
- Train others to follow Standard work Combination Sheet.
- Able to operate while setting up other machines.
- Perform 1st article inspections and complete all subsequent inspections that follow.
- Must be competent in changing all cutting tools, collets, mechanical changes, bar loading.
- Read work instructions and maintain production records.
- Flexible in learning other work centers.
- Complete goals to achieve production targets.
- Problem solves issues, suggest improvements, and take action to close.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Work with engineers to improve layouts, tooling, and all process issues.
Position Criteria/Preferred Qualifications
- Vocational training preferred
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of screw machines
- Prefer 3-5 years as a set up/operator on multi-spindle screw machines (ex: Acme and New Britain screw machines)
- Experience with CNC controls preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, control plans, routers, job instructions and measurement tools.
- Prefer to have own hand tools, calipers, micrometers.
- Basic shop math.
- Team oriented.
- High attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and take direction from supervisor or lead person.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated personal continuous improvement.
- Ability to work occasional overtime during weekdays and Saturday
- Must be able to walk or stand for 8 hour day.
- Basic PC skills (mouse / key board, internet, etc.) preferred: Windows MS applications.
- This position requires moving moderate weight (up to 50 lbs.) by bending, stooping or reaching on a daily basis.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Accredited high school diploma or GED program required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing position
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the greater Cleveland, OH area will be considered for this position.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List