Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
754848 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
May 26, 2012
Golder Associates Inc.
July 25, 2012
- Founded in Canada in 1960, Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our staff of over 8,000 deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- Golder Associates is currently seeking an entry to mid-level Geologist/Hydrogeologist/Engineering Geologist for our Sunnyvale, CA office.
This position requires:
- BS degree in geology, hydrogeology or geological engineering
- 2 to 3 years of geologic or environmental project experience
- Strong, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- This role will involve a mix of office and field work; extended local, national, and/or international overnight travel and fieldwork as dictated by project demands
- Candidate must be willing to operate and maintain field testing and monitoring equipment, and able to lift 50 pounds
Demonstrated experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Subsurface investigation processes including: drilling, soil classification, and well installation
- Groundwater, surface water, and soil sampling techniques and procedures
- Field Hydraulic testing (i.e., pump tests, slug tests, packer tests, etc.)
- Drilling and logging of rock core
- Data interpretation and report writing
- Preparation of geologic boring logs, cross-sections, groundwater contour maps and isoconcentration maps
- Investigation and characterization of geologic hazards including slope stability, faulting, and liquefaction
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Advanced degree(s), e.g. Masters degree in geology, hydrogeology or engineering geology or geologic engineering
- Specialized computer skills including database applications, groundwater and contaminant modeling software, AutoCAD and/or gINT
- Practical experience working within California and working knowledge of RWQCB regulations
- Aptitude for mechanical and electrical skills as applied to field instrumentation
- Ability to work independently and within groups
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training and/or MSHA Part 46/48 training
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List