This pivotal role is responsible for the day to day planning, operation, administration and management of internal and third party GI fieldwork resources.
Specifically, this includes:
• Liaising with project managers and other operations supervisors to ensure the efficient deployment of company wide resources, and to ensure that adequate resources and equipment are supplied to projects in order that contract programmes can be met.
• Ensuring that the fieldwork resources including sub-contractors are operating in accordance with Company Procedures, and QHSE policies, including monitoring of safety on site and administration of the QHSE process
• The administration of staff wages, subsistence, holidays, department vehicles and associated plant and recruit and develop field crews and personnel as required.
The successful applicant will have:
• A sound understanding of the UK Ground Investigation industry, with a focus on standard specifications and the Health, Safety and Environment Legislation applicable to the Company’s operations
• A working knowledge of the plant and equipment used in routine and specialist ground investigation
• Demonstrable experience of supervising operations in a comparable organisation
• Excellent leadership, communication, judgement and commercial skills
• A degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or Geology (or equivalent) would be an advantage, but is not essential.
What we offer
If you are looking for a new challenge, with an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to be resourceful and ambitious, you will be attracted to this exciting role, where success will lead to excellent career development opportunities.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary and benefits package;
Contact person Dee O'Donnell