Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
755988 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
May 30, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
June 22, 2012
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Utilizing both cyclic steam stimulation (CSS) and steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD), our current thermal production capacity is approximately 120,000 barrels of bitumen per day. In addition to the existing operations, Canadian Natural has vast land holdings of oil sands rights in the Athabasca Oil Sands area. Our thermal in situ oil sands plan is to add ~40,000 bbl/d of additional bitumen capacity in a phased project execution strategy every 2 - 3 years as we strive for a target of approximately 450,000 barrels of bitumen per day.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 6 month contract position as a Recruiter within the Human Resources Department. This role will report directly to a Human Resources Advisor and will work closely with an assigned Client Department, providing effective and timely, full cycle recruitment support in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This position will be based at our Calgary Office.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Evaluate candidate resumes using our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), selecting the most suitable and presenting these to hiring managers
• Maintain and update candidates throughout the recruitment cycle
• Organize and lead both telephone and in-person interviews, preparing and using behavioral and technical interview techniques
• Work in partnership with hiring managers at all times
• Manage the contribution and relationship with external recruitment agencies
• Complete reference checks on successful candidates
• Provide input into the selection decision
• Complete compensation analysis and make informed salary recommendations
• Prepare weekly activity reports
• Attend recruitment events such as job fairs to promote employment opportunities at Canadian Natural
• Provide general recruitment advice, support and guidance, responding to recruitment related enquiries
• Maintain a talent pool of potential candidates with ability to identify future talent and demonstrate forward planning
• Assist with the ongoing development and management of the client department recruitment strategy
• Interact with Client Departments, HR Advisors, Payroll, Compensation and Student Recruitment groups as needed
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with a relevant post-secondary degree
• CHRP designation or equivalent is preferred
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working in an Oil and Gas recruitment environment, ideally with engineering, geoscience and related technical recruitment
o Use of the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
o Working with applicant tracker systems such as Taleo and HireGround etc.
o Latest recruitment techniques, trends and employment standards
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
We thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Click here to see related Human Resource roles at CNRL.
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List