Role and responsibilities:
A leading civils contractor is looking for an experienced Site Engineer with experience in tunnelling.
• Detailed design calculation and drawings for tunnels to meet time and budget.
• Assessment of structural conditions of tunnel assets.
• Assessment of effects on tunnel assets by other works.
• Checking the designs of tunnels.
• Providing technical (associated with tunnels) support as and when needed.
• Preparing of tunnel related scope of works for tender purposes.
• Liaising with tunnelling contractors on site to resolve technical issues which may involve analysis of monitoring data.
• A good understanding of geotechnical engineering
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering/Mining Engineering or equivalent qualification
• Tunnel design or geotechnical expertise.
• Experience of the design process, with a bias towards the assessment of soil-structure. interaction for tunnels, shafts and underground structures.
• Familiarity with tunnel/ground movement monitoring devices and analysis.
• Tunnel construction methods.
• Familiarity with Argus, Soldata and CMCS monitoring software.
• Interpretation of geological data
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages and all candidates have to be eligible to work and live in the UK.