Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
756936 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
UT or CO
June 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 31, 2012
- Design and implement exploration programs with emphasis on national and international coal mining.
- Plan and monitor green-fields exploration projects.
- Select suitable resource modeling software.
- Develop resource models for multi-commodity resource exploration and evaluation that meet international standards for the reporting of resources and reserves.
- Compile resource reports using SAMREC, JORC, and NI-43101 codes.
- Prepare technical reports for use by mining, engineering, and management personnel.
- Format resource reports for public listings on ASX, TSX or LSE international exchanges.
- Prepare field exploration and resource reports using standards that meet audit requirements.
- Determine appropriate protocols and contractors for exploration permitting, remote sensing, drilling, sampling, assays, washability testing, bulk sampling, and surveying.
- Implement safe and environmentally sound exploration methods.
- Provide geologic assessments of mine operations.
- Process and evaluate information received from exploration programs.
- Prepare geologic reports and cost estimates involved in developing geologic programs for operating coal mines.
- Manage project budgets.
Education and Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Mining Engineering or Geological Engineering. Foreign equivalent accepted.
- Exploration and operational experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of work processes involved in coal exploration and evaluation.
- Demonstrable ability to supervise projects from green-fields exploration to mining operation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of remote sensing, sampling techniques, geophysics, sample spacing, laboratory procedures, and survey methods.
- Demonstrable knowledge and prior experience in field management and supervision, environmental management, budget management, and mine safety methods.
- Demonstrable knowledge of SAMREC, JORC, and NI-43101 codes.
- Demonstrable proficiency in gridded seam and block model computer assisted resource modeling techniques and applications.
- Demonstrable knowledge of coal resource modeling and evaluation, washability testing, coal processing methods and assessments.
- Excellent English communicating and report writing skills.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally to field locations.
Work Schedule: Full time 40+hours/week. 8 AM to 5 PM.
Location: 136 South Temple, 12th Floor, Salt lake City, UT 84111
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List