- EPCM operational across Mining, Rail and Port projects
- General Manager leading Melbourne office reporting to COO
- Melbourne CBD based, paying $300,000+
We are currently recruiting for an established leading EPCM company who are expanding. Due to an exciting acquisition in Melbourne this organisation is looking for a General Manager to lead the office. This company operates on a global basis and has an unrivalled reputation for providing high quality Engineering & Construction projects across the Rail, Port and Mining industries.
Reporting directly to the COO the General Manager will lead this office to success by managing existing relationships & client base, whilst having a strong focus on Business Development to help drive the office further. As this role is part of the executive team, this position is suited to a person with high level leadership skills and sound professional expertise to complement the company's growing business management capabilities.
As the General Manager some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Working closely with the executive team to undertake strategic planning and direction setting for the office & company
- Overseeing and managing all administrative and human resource related functions, including staffing, resourcing and workplace planning
- Managing budgeting and cost control processes
- Identify and develop improved internal business systems
- Ensure efficient communications across the company, supporting and motivating individual and team performance
- Lead in client contact and stakeholder liaison, build relationships and service opportunities with clients, joint venture partners and others
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications ideally to Bachelors or Masters level
- Leadership skills to effectively operate and communicate at all levels
- Commercial acumen to run a P&L and manage tenders for new business
- A proven track record of being able to network and develop a market - essential for this role
Realistically speaking this role will be suited to a person with an established network in the engineering or mining sector in Australia, who is currently working for a Consultancy or Mining Operator. This EPCM is open to applications for professionals working in a 2IC role looking for their next challenge.
Design & Build specialises in recruitment for the Mining, Construction & Engineering industries on a regional and national basis. Design & Build prides itself on only hiring recruitment specialists, finding the right people for the right jobs and doing the right thing by both jobseekers and employers alike.