Progressive Global Energy is in partnership with a large Oil and Gas Exploration company situated in the Central Belt of Scotland. They currently require an Operations HSSEQ Manager.
The company focus on specific geographical regions across the globe, with focus on the African continent.
The company’s vision vision is to build an African-focused exploration and production company which becomes renowned for its ability to consistently create and realise material shareholder value through exploration-led organic growth and niche acquisitions.
Responsible for managing Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality HSSEQ support in the delivery of the Group and Operating subsidiary work programmes
• Manage the development and implementation of HSE and quality work programmes in support of the exploration, drilling, development project planning & execution, construction and production operations in existing assets
• Manage the provision of HSSEQ resources which are embedded in the Assets, Projects or Countries and provide direction and intervene whenever necessary to ensure that local HSSEQ programmes and objectives are met.
• Provide input to the Group Head of Risk & Compliance during the development of appropriate updates to Group CR Policies, CR Guiding Principles, CR Management Systems and supporting procedures/guidelines
• Provide input during the setting of Asset/Country annual HSSEQ objectives & performance targets and monitor and report progress to Asset and Country Managers and to the Group Head Risk & Compliance
• Manage maintenance of emergency response facilities and procedures for all operated activities and provide support, guidance and training on emergency response techniques
• Provide support in the development and implementation of Edinburgh office disaster recovery and business continuity procedures
• Seek continuous improvement in HSSEQ performance through, for example, ensuring transfer of lessons learnt between assets
• Extensive upstream operational HSSEQ experience, preferably with drilling operational HSE and international experience working under different regulatory frameworks
• Good working knowledge of HSE, security, CSR, risk and quality management processes and practices, including knowledge of quality management, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS18001, GRI and ISRS7
• Good communication skills (both reporting and presentational), training/coaching skills & IT literacy
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company with ambitious plans to expand its business outside existing locations and as the breadth of the Company’s activities increase, so will the scope of this position
Full time based in the Central Belt of Scotland
Salary is highly competitive with an attractive pension, private health care and bonus.
To be considered for this position please send me through an updated copy of your cv for a confidential conversation regarding the position.