Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
757787 Job Summary
GBS Infrastructure Architect
Employer Job Id:
May 31, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 30, 2012
GBS Infrastructure Architect
- [Company] is a worldwide machinery and services company serving the natural resource extraction industries. [Company] manufactures and services surface mining equipment in addition to underground mining equipment.
- [Company] employs 14,000 people worldwide. [Company] offers excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
- We are currently looking for an Infrastructure Architect in our Milwaukee, WI location.
- This position is associated with the design, implementation and support of the [Company] Data Center environment. This includes, but is not limited to, implementing, maintaining and supporting the equipment for maximum availability, network operating systems, and various services such as Data Center monitoring, enterprise backup, and remote access.
- This position will be responsible for the overall architectural design of the Data Centers, and will provide advanced technical leadership to domain architects
- This position will report directly to the Infrastructure Manager for [Company]
- There will be travel of approximately 20% associated with this role, which can include both Domestic and international travel.
- Assist in the architectural design of the network and make recommendations to the Infrastructure Manager for overall network improvement.
- Assist in the design, establishment, implementation and support of all Disaster Recovery Centers.
- Assist in the implementation of any improvement, modification or replacement of network components at multiple data centers.
- Create and update all technical documentation of all operating procedures as needed.
- Identify capacity and performance issues for network components to ensure continued, uninterrupted efficient operation of network systems. Make recommendations to Infrastructure Manager for improvements.
- Establish /Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, and minimize malfunctions. Make recommendations for improvements to Infrastructure Manager.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network related issues, both remote and onsite in a timely manner.
- Perform system and network hardware/software/firmware upgrades for multiple Data Centers.
- Make technically difficult decisions dealing with mission critical platforms, realizing that errors in judgment or poor performance can have significant impact on business functions and expenses.
- Maintain standards for installation of network software / hardware installations.
- Provide advanced problem solving skills for problems/questions associated with hardware /software.
- Provide on-call technical support.
Position will provide guidance, including but not limited to the following:
- Equipment vendors
- Support vendors
- IT support staff
- Business team members
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field and/or 10+ years’ equivalent hands on work experience working specifically with multi-platform systems and related applications in a global environment having successfully performed enterprise level design and implementations.
- Strong overall knowledge on Client / Server, SAN and environmental related systems hardware and software within a global environment.
- Advanced expertise in project management.
- Advanced expertise working in a multiple data center environment.
- Ability to incorporate new concepts into the planning and implementation process for the environment.
- High level technical knowledge of operating systems used in network environment.
- Windows operating systems 2003-2008 experience required.
- Candidates must possess VMware, NetApps and EMC experience.
- Must have strong background in working in a Clustered Server environment.
- Must have strong background with San technology using NAS, with bi-directional mirroring.
- Must have strong background in Server Virtualization.
Additionally, candidates must possess:
- Strong experience with project management: design to completion..
- Strong hands-on knowledge of the installation, implementation, and maintenance of network components for maximum performance.
- Experience in cost preparation and analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to have a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- This is an exempt level 1st shift role with rotational on call scheduled.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List