Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
757799 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
May 31, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
July 30, 2012
- [Company] is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. [Company] offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With 2010 revenues of nearly $10 billion, [Company] workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers.
- [Company] is a subsidiary of[Company] . For nearly three decades, our Kansas City-based engineering and consulting firm has provided clients across the U.S. and Canada with a broad range of award-winning services in the energy market.
- Utilizes Section 7.4, Design and Development of the Operations Quality Assurance Manual on all projects.
- Utilizes the Operations Drafting/Design Standards Manual with each task or assignment.
- Utilizes each applicable document of the Electrical Department Quality Standards and Procedures to implement each task or assignment.
- Utilizes Section 7, Design and Design Verification Procedures, of the Project Procedures Manual.
- Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Designer as required. Informs Manager and/or Lead Designer of project decisions that differ from[Company] standards.
- Learns applicable engineering national and local codes.
- Participates in meetings as required: i.e., Weekly Project Meetings.
- Assists in job-related activities with project team members.
- Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
- Develops sketch drawings to accompany other concept documentation.
- Develop 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills. Develops the capability of checking and navigating in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
- Creates plan drawings and details.
- Develops schematics, interconnects and one-line drawings from engineering sketches or mark-ups.
- Files the master sets/originals, superseded drawings and originals as required in a timely manner.
- Completes as-builts by utilizing RFIs, ECNs and red-marked drawings from construction to develop "Conformed to Construction Records" as required.
- Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
- Creates guidelines, checklists or other applicable knowledge-based documents as assigned.
- Provides lessons learned throughout the project by utilizing the Lessons Learned database.
- Gathers information needed to develop drawings.
- Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand the comments made.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret multi-discipline engineering and vendor documents.
- Must be able to represent [Company] in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the [Company] Power Engineers organization.
- Must be capable of utilizing a computer-aided drafting program (MicroStation, AutoCAD, GeoPak, Navis Works), and have a basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems. Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests. Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 0 to 12 months related experience and/or training. Associates degree in Drafting/Design preferred.
- May visit a project site for learning purposes.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List