WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands – Kirby Projects
Canadian Natural’s existing Thermal operations are based in the Cold Lake/Bonnyville area and produce approx. 100,000 bbl/d of heavy oil. The Kirby In Situ Oil Sands project is part of the Thermal Heavy Oil Growth Strategy to deliver over 300,000 bbl/d of heavy oil by the year 2020. The Kirby project is expected to produce 40,000 bbl/d and first steam is planned for late 2013 and is located Northeast of Lac La Biche, near Conklin, AB. The Kirby project is the first of several SAGD projects that we will be building in the Lac La Biche – Ft. McMurray corridor over the next decade.
As the Kirby SAGD Project progresses through design and construction into commissioning and start-up, we will be looking for good people to build the Kirby Operations and Maintenance team. Operations and Maintenance positions will be based at our Kirby SAGD plant near Lac La Biche. Transportation and camp accommodations will be provided. Salaried positions shift schedule will be a 4 on 3 off and hourly positions will be a 7 on 7 off schedule.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Maintenance Foreman will utilize extensive understanding of maintenance work-flow processes, predictive and preventative maintenance strategies, and effective maintenance execution practices to oversee maintenance of all area rotating equipment and all electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities.
This position is based at our Kirby SAGD Plant near Lac La Biche, AB
Transportation and camp accommodations will be provided, based on a 4 on 3 off schedule. Flexible schedule and regular travel to Calgary and site will be required over the next 12-18 months during the engineering phase of the project.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Interface with operations staff to schedule and plan all facility maintenance activities
• Coordinate with operations to train personnel on equipment operation
• Generate scope of work plans, budgets and AFE requests
• Generate area equipment PM schedules in conjunction with area operations personnel
• Work with the CNRL Projects and Facilities groups and field operations to ensure equipment design and installation results in user friendly, low down time equipment
• Ensure equipment is operating at maximum capacity and establish monitoring practices and tools to track performance metrics
• Ensure all work is being conducted in accordance with all Canadian Natural and Provincial regulatory requirements
• Accept on-call duty for days off or during night
• Ensure identified value added or safety issue projects are followed through and completed in a timely manner
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with diploma or journeyman certificate in a related field from a recognized technical institute
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o safety and regulatory standards relating to oilfield pressure equipment
o working with word-processing and spreadsheet applications
o maintenance work-flow processes, predictive and preventative maintenance strategies, and effective maintenance execution practices
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.